Lies O’Plenty -or- He Belies Truth; ACORN’s NUTS
There was one high note during the President’s speech to the joint session of Congress: Rep. Wilson’s shoutout, “You Lie!”
Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) said what over half the country has been thinking. The President DID lie. Since the Dems have voted down amendments requiring verification of citizenship, the bill WILL cover illegals. Yes, Congressman Wilson was right to apologize for the uncivility of his remark, but NOT for telling the truth! I applaud the gentleman from South Carolina because he was heard and his comment was recorded into the record. I’m glad he was honorable to apologize to Obama and that the President reciprocated. But is should have ended there. He didn’t insult the Congress and they should learn to keep their traps closed at the RIGHT times for a change.
I wanted to hear four words from Mr. Obama: America, I hear you. He, of course, went in the other direction. This speech was no different than the 26 previous ones. Our president doesn’t hear us. Let’s get louder!
The President has NOT welcomed conservatives to the table. There has been little – if any – bipartisan input into the health care bill. Conservatives have some pretty good, low-or-no cost measures on the table – HSA expansion, tort reform, dropping state lines – and we KEEP being accused of not bringing anything to the table when we’re not being offered a spot. The President has NOT met with the Republicans on this issue. We are NOT being listened to. He does NOT practice what he preaches. Yes, there is some idiotic language coming out from the right that are essentially “slippery slope” arguments – which could basically be cured with specific language in the bill that keeps being voted down (paying for abortions, illegal immigration, etc…). Why the Dems keep saying it’s not in the bill when it’s right there in BLACK AND WHITE…
The GOP has been frozen out of the House debate from day one. In the Senate, the 3 GOP Senators that make up the gang of 6 were given a false choice of the Public Option or Co-opts (i.e. a public Option), or a trigger to a Public Option. That’s it. Nothing, Nada. Pro Life lawmakers were either lied to, or told to get lost. To those who disagreed, Pelosi labeled them Nazis; the President called them liars, and Reid called them UnAmerican. So much for your “civil discourse”. Don’t these political self-appointed-nobility realize that THEY WORK FOR US?!!!
Words bandied about the blogosphere – fantasy, pipe dream, economic oxymoron, pathological liar, arrogant and condescending, profaned the office, sociopath, moral bankruptcy behind glittering words, demagoguery, glossed-over rhetoric, wealth-transfer program, vituperation, disingenuousness, charlatan.
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=33486 Slick Barry
BO’s door has been closed tightly against the many common-sense plans authored by Representatives Tom Price (R-Ga.) and Louie Gohmert, by Senators Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.). Neither Nancy Pelosi nor Harry Reid will allow those plans a full and open debate. Which is just the way Obama wants it.
Thomas Sowell described the speech as “both a masterpiece of rhetoric and a shameless fraud.”
By not expressly rescinding the unfunded mandates forced upon the states, Barry gets to state that Obamacare doesn’t cover illegals while knowing full well that the states will still be forced to.
Demmy regurgitators have made comments on the blogs about various ‘ought-to-know’ orgs:
Factcheck.org??? You’ve got to be kidding me. They are part of the Annenberg Foundation. You know, the same foundation that Obama was a board member of with the domestic terrorist known as William Ayers. The same factcheck.org that posted a bogus Obama COLB and called it a birth certificate.
Here is only SOME of the sewage (yes, that’s crap) about ACORN, a group intimately tied to Obama:
ACORN is a huge multi-million dollar international conglomerate that is devoted to undermining democracy and the capitalist system itself.
The rank subterfuge that is essential to the core agenda of Obama is to read Matthew Vadum’s article in Townhall.com: http://townhall.com/columnists/MatthewVadum/2009/09/10/acorn_exposed_stealing_democracy
“The vast ACORN empire includes ACORN Institute Inc. (leadership training for activists), W*A*R*N (Wal-Mart Alliance for Reform Now, which supports organizing unions in Wal-Mart stores), ACORN Housing Corp. Inc. (arranges mortgages), Living Wage Resource Center (tracks efforts by cities and states to raise the minimum wage above the federal standard), two “social justice” radio stations in Arkansas and Texas, Project Vote (voter registration and mobilization), Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Locals 100 (Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas) and 880 (Illinois, Indiana), Site Fighters (fighting “big box” chains such as Wal-Mart and Target), and American Institute for Social Justice (publishes Social Policy magazine with ACORN Institute Inc. and the Organizers’ Forum). It also operates a handful of “social justice” high schools in New York and California.”
“Liberals also seem blissfully ignorant of the fact that ACORN was founded not to teach self-reliance but to encourage poor people to get on welfare. By overloading the system, the strategy held, radical change would come to America.”
The roots of this shady/wacko conglomerate go back to the early 1960′s and Tom Hayden, who asserted “[t]he allocation of resources must be based on social needs” and “and so-called participatory democracy.”
“[O]n the far Left, the word democracy has a very different meaning than most Americans assign to it. To many of these radicals, democracy is a code word for socialism. To this end, some leftists have tried to rebrand socialism as economic democracy. Before the Age of Obama, socialist Princeton professor Cornel West, an ACORN ally and advisor on Obama’s campaign team, wrote “Democracy Matters: Winning the Fight Against Imperialism,” which holds that the U.S. is under the control of racist, patriarchal, authoritarian fundamentalists.”
Here is more history that illuminates Obama’s radical associations.
“When West visited Venezuela in 2006, he praised its government, which has nationalized industries, jailed and murdered its opponents and threatened the United States. West said he visited Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela “to see the democratic awakening taking place.” By “democratic awakening,” West meant the transmogrification of Venezuela into a socialist state. In other words, if radical leftists don’t end up with the political result they want, it can’t possibly be real democracy. West has also, incidentally, been a longtime supporter of the ACORN-affiliated radical New Party.
“To further its war on “the system,” Hayden and his allies created an organization called Students for a Democratic Society (SDS). Although SDS became perhaps the preeminent group of the New Left movement, it failed to achieve its goals and splintered into factions.
“One bloc eventually became the violent Weather Underground Organization. The Weathermen embraced terror as a tool of socioeconomic and political change and became especially enamored of explosives. After getting off criminal charges on a legal technicality, two of the group’s leaders, would-be mass murderers William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, decided to poison the minds of the young by turning them against the American system. The unrepentant totalitarian leftists became members of the faculties of, respectively, University of Illinois at Chicago and Northwestern University School of Law. Ayers, who while on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago helped steer grants to ACORN, now teaches students how to indoctrinate their future pupils. Dohrn, his wife, teaches students how to use the law to achieve the left-wing abstraction known as social justice.
“But not all SDS members embraced violence. Among those who rejected terror as an instrument of political persuasion was ACORN founder Wade Rathke, who was an SDS draft resistance organizer. Rathke also organized for the National Welfare Rights Organization (NWRO), an organization whose members physically occupied welfare offices, intimidating social workers and demanding every government welfare dollar that they thought the law entitled them to.”
Marxist sociologists Frances Fox Piven and Richard A. Cloward “developed a model of political and economic subversion that called upon activists to pack the welfare rolls to spread dependency, bankrupt the government and cause uprisings against the capitalist system. They outlined plans for a welfare rights movement in a 1966 Nation article titled ‘The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty.’” This crisis strategy proved so effective to recruit the poor onto the welfare rols that “[f]rom 1965 to 1974, the number of single-parent households on welfare soared from 4.3 million to 10.8 million, despite mostly flush economic times [according to Sol Stern].”
Rathke (1970) developed ACORN’s strategy to carry out the agenda of welfare entitlement, making “ACORN’s focus on registering those dependent on government programs is constituency-building that is consistent with the Cloward-Piven Strategy. Its voter registration drives in Louisiana, for example, have focused on registering people at government offices that deal with welfare, unemployment benefits and food stamps.”
Vadum goes on to show how closely the Weather Underground and Acorn are related:
“siblings who took different paths to radical change—one through violence and terror, the other through protest and politics—both drew inspiration from Chicago activist Saul Alinsky… (Alinsky) praised Lucifer as the ‘first radical’ who ‘rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom.’
“Alinsky said his book was ‘a step toward a science of revolution.’ He acknowledged, ‘The Prince’ was written by Machiavelli for the Haves on how to hold power. ‘Rules for Radicals’ is written for the Have-nots on how to take it away.
“Alinsky believed that in political combat almost anything goes: ‘In war the end justifies almost any means.’ He wrote, ‘The practical revolutionary will understand … [that] in action, one does not always enjoy the luxury of a decision that is consistent both with one’s individual conscience and the good of mankind.’”
Vadum’s article continues with Hillary Clinton and others associated with this socialist agenda. It is absolutely abhorrent that these people are now our ruling class in this country and they pervade our government. Read the rest of Matthew’s article. Let’s figure out how to get rid of this scourge and all the yes-men connected.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNYU9PamIZk (hat tip Atlas)
This investigation was conducted by a couple kids with cajones bigger than Rudy Giuliani’s when he went after the mob in NYC!
Where is 20/20?
Where is 60 minutes?
Where is CNN?
We all know the answer to this question, they’re busy working for dear leader…
Let me explain something to the President.
Your misunderstanding of the terms and conditions of the Constitution, and the relationship of the three branches of government are OBVIOUS, EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that you were ‘educated’ and graduated from Harvard by virtue of the QUOTA SYSTEM.
THE CONGRESS WRITES THE LAWS.
THE CONGRESS WRITES THE CHECKS!
THE CONGRESS DECLARES WAR!
NOBODY, in their right mind, has to “bring you” any ideas or proposals for “your approval” like a big daddy.
Obama, you have a misinformed, inflated opinion of yourself as EVIDENCED by the following remark, “If you come to me with a serious set of proposals, I will be there to listen….”
Barry, or Barak or WHATEVER your REAL NAME is, you ARE NOT “big daddy”
CITIZENS and members of congress do NOT need your approval, you need CITIZEN and congressional approval.
Barry, or Barak or WHATEVER your REAL NAME is,
you work for us.
Sep 10, 2009 @ 02:11 PM
Jingo John, Formerly FREE USA
To the Congress:
The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775 – you have had 234 years to get it right; it is broke.
Social Security was established in 1935 – you have had 74 years to get it right; it is broke.
Fannie Mae was established in 1938 – you have had 71 years to get it right; it is broke.
The “War on Poverty” started in 1964 – you have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor”; it hasn’t worked and our entire country is broke.
Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965 – you’ve had 44 years to get it right; they are broke.
Freddie Mac was established in 1970 – you have had 39 years to get it right; it is broke.
Trillions of dollars were spent in the massive political payoffs called TARP, the “Stimulus”, the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009… none show any signs of working, although ACORN appears to have found a new source: the American taxpayer.
And finally, to set a new record:
“Cash for Clunkers” was established in 2009 and went broke in 2009! It took cars (that were the best some people could afford) and replaced them with high-priced and less-affordable cars, mostly Japanese. A good percentage of the profits went out of the country. And the American taxpayers take the hit for Congress’ generosity in burning three billion more of our dollars on failed experiments.
So with a perfect 100% failure rate and a record that proves that “services” you shove down our throats are failing faster and faster, you want Americans to believe you can be trusted with a government-run health care system?
20% of our entire economy?
With all due respect,
Are you crazy?
- Tort reform – bring down medical malpractice costs – frivolous lawsuits, loser pays, limits on mental anguish.
- Abolish the “state line” mandate – allow purchase of policies from anywhere within country.
- Allow the consumer to “cherry pick” coverage – cafeteria plan for the options they want for their family.
- Take administration burden off the employer – eliminates anchoring coverage to the job.
- Health savings accounts (FSAs) - own dollars, pre-tax, no limits, rolled over, all medical expenses.
If these solutions were applied, there would be significant savings in health care costs. But it’s not about savings, is it? No, it’s about government control over every aspect of our lives. They are not content to G.M., AIG, Fannie and Freddie, many banks, etc. There is 1/6 of our nation’s economy out there up for grabs. www.myteamusa.org
September 19, 2009 - Posted by Lisa | (Un)Limited Government, Agenda of the Left, Fiscal (Ir)Responsibility, Life with Big Brother, Politics, Wake Up, WordPress Political Blogs | ACORN, Annenberg Foundation, Bernadine Dohrn, Bill Ayers, Cloward-Piven Strategy, extortion, Factcheck.org?, Fairness Doctrine/kill free radio, Marxist, Matthew Vadum, NWRO, NWU School of Law, political nobility, Saul Alinsky, SDS, SEIU, social justice, state-run media, U of I at Chicago, voter fraud, Wade Rathke, Weather Underground, Woods Fund
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Xn, Patriot, YEC
Buy me a Coffee? (tip jar)
Please consider supporting this blog with a donation of dollars or java.
Go to https://www.PayPal.com and use "getdclu @ gmail . com" to send money.
All contributions gratefully accepted!! Thank you!
- Taking charge to prevent extinction May 19, 2013CNS News reports: "Our survival as a species is dependent on women taking charge,” Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) told a gathering at a campaign fundraiser earlier this month. She made the comment before introducing Cecile Richards, president of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, who was among those attending the Schakowsky fundraiser dubbed ”The Ultimat […]Roger
- Interview: Kevin Williamson — Could Going Broke Leave America Better Off? May 18, 2013You know the bad news — our government is bloated, inefficient, and going broke. But could the wheels coming off of government actually be good for America? Tune in to find out why our guest says yes. Listen to Eagle Forum Live Radio Program aired on 5-18-13 Listen every Saturday (11-Noon CST): Bott Radio Network Archived Eagle Forum Live Radio Programs […]EagleHQ
- Charged with murder for inducing abortion May 17, 2013The NY Post reports: TAMPA, Fla. — The 28-year-old son of a Florida fertility doctor has been charged by federal authorities with tricking his girlfriend into taking a pill used to induce labor and cause an abortion, killing the fetus she was carrying. John Andrew Welden was indicted Tuesday by a federal grand jury on charges of product tampering and first-d […]Roger
- Common Core's Political Agenda May 17, 2013The standards now being forced on all public schools called Common Core are standardizing student learning and performance nationwide. The plan is to gauge achievement using national tests. The standards were created at the behest of the federal government. The standards use the word "state" prominently, but it definitely is a national program, and […]Phyllis Schlafly
- Bombing was part of Moslem Jihad May 16, 2013Here is the latest leak about administration misconduct: Just before he was captured last month, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev scrawled a note inside the boat where he was hiding that seemed to take responsibility for his role in the tragedy, according to two law enforcement officials with knowledge of the note. After police forced him ou […]Roger
- Taking charge to prevent extinction May 19, 2013
- Top Glenn of 2010! December 30, 2010A recap from the daily email newsletter special, Top Glenn of 2010!
- Rob Smith Jr Editorial Cartoon December 28, 2010Nationally syndicated cartoonist Rob Smith Jr. chimes with his latest Glenn Beck exclusive.
- 2010 Holiday Gift Guide December 20, 2010The perfect guide for Glenn Beck Superfans, Student/Husband/Brother/Big Government Lover, Mom/Wife/Grandmother/Person Who Like to Cry, and crazy Progressive Friends
- Merry Christmas from the Glenn Beck Program! December 19, 2010Merry Christmas from the Glenn Beck Program!
- Top Glenn of 2010! December 19, 2010Subscribe now to our email newsletter and don't miss this special series as we close out the year with the Top Glenn of 2010!
- These are a few of Glenns favorite things... December 19, 2010Glenn tried to name all of the favorite things on TV tonight, but he couldn’t fit it all into an hour of TV. Rather than shorten the list and go with his FAVORITE favorite things, he wanted to make sure he included everything. So here’s the list.
- Insider Christmas Audio Collection December 18, 2010We put together this collection of Christmas favorites, exclusively for Insiders...
- Larry King's career is over December 17, 2010That statement was probably valid at least 10 years ago - but it's official now. The softball interviewer hosted his final program last night, and to commemorate the occasion Katie Couric dropped by with an early Christmas present to radio talk show hosts everywhere. She read a poem - and it was so 'good' it rivaled the brilliance of Al Gore […]
- Top Glenn of 2010! December 30, 2010
- Ken Schrader oldest ARCA winner May 20, 2013Longtime NASCAR driver Ken Schrader became the oldest winner in ARCA Racing Series history Sunday, dominating the Menards 200 at Toledo Speedway.
- LA Kings return home between road playoff games May 20, 2013With two days off in an all-California series, the Los Angeles Kings seized the opportunity to fly home for two days of practice before Game 4.
- Randolph struggles, Grizzlies routed in Game 1 May 20, 2013The Memphis Grizzlies have lost the opener in each round of this year's playoffs, but not like this.
- US adviser on board of firm that sold anthrax drug May 20, 2013Former Navy Secretary Richard J.
- Death sentence in Chinese underground bank case May 20, 2013A businesswoman in southern China has been sentenced to death in the government's latest crackdown on underground lending that is widely used by entrepreneurs.
- Murphy, Rangers outslug Tigers May 20, 2013David Murphy stroked a go-ahead three-run homer in the sixth and the Texas Rangers won a slugfest, 11-8, over the Detroit Tigers on Sunday in the finale of a four-game set.Texas recorded 18 of the 31 total hits for the game, which featured five lead changes and saw Detroit third baseman Miguel Cabrera hit three home runs for just the second time in his caree […]
- Greening's goal in double OT lifts Senators over Penguins May 20, 2013Colin Greening scored the game-winner 7:39 into double-overtime, as the Ottawa Senators outlasted the Pittsburgh Penguins, 2-1, in Game 3 of this Eastern Conference semifinal series from Scotiabank Place.Daniel Alfredsson's shorthanded goal with 28.6 seconds left in regulation forced overtime before Greening buried a rebound in the second extra session […]
- Michel Jourdain Jr. fails to make Indy 500 field May 20, 2013Michel Jourdain Jr. was the only driver who failed to make the Indianapolis 500 field during Bump Day qualifying Sunday.
- Ken Schrader oldest ARCA winner May 20, 2013
Romans 12:2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
John 14:27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
2 Chronicles 7:1414 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Elementary, dear Watson
Suggestions & Chat BoxPlease click here to write suggestions that I will check later. Thanks.
- MUST SEE VIDEO FLASHBACK: "From My Cold, Dead Hands" SHARE!!! bit.ly/X47pJu @liberty Let's make it VIRAL! ~ 4 months ago
- Blessings from our family to yours on this #Thanksgiving - thx & praise to Almighty God for His protection & provision. #GodinControl ~ 5 months ago
- "@cringetalk: Only the truly stupid believe there is no cover up going on with Benghazi." And they vote Dem by default. ~ 6 months ago
- Have Faith! In the People & the priorities of this country. Continue to pray. #Pat&Stu #patriots #tcot #Romney ~ 6 months ago
- Congressman Gets Standing Ovation for Telling IRS It Strikes Fear Into Americans May 17, 2013By: Penny Starr and Taylor Knopf Lawmaker Gets Standing 'O' For Decrying IRS Abuse of American Citizens read moremchapman
- IG On IRS Scandal: ‘Clear Evidence’ of Wrongdoing May 17, 2013By: Penny Starr Acting IRS Commissioner: 'Foolish Mistakes Were Made' read moremelanie
- Government to Spend $146,944 Texting Low-Income People with Depression May 17, 2013By: Melanie Hunter Cell phone (AP File Photo) read moremelanie
- IRS Commissioner on Scandal: ‘We Provided Horrible Customer Service’ May 17, 2013By: Penny Starr IRS Commissioner on Scandal: ‘We Provided Horrible Customer Service’ read moremelanie
- Prison Poetry Website Locks Down $75,000 NEA Grant May 17, 2013By: Eric Scheiner Prison Poetry Readings read email@example.com
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla May 19, 2013 superadm
- First Lady Expands Anti-Obesity Campaign to Museums May 17, 2013By: Elizabeth Harringtonmelanie
- HHS:'Telework' Gives Gov't Employees More Time for 'Planning and Preparing Healthy Meals' May 17, 2013By: Terence P. Jeffrey read moreterry
- Congressman Gets Standing Ovation for Telling IRS It Strikes Fear Into Americans May 17, 2013
- CLick here for PTBC news!Click this link to get to the new format of PTBC. Thanks!PTBC - (Author: Joel Johannesen)
- PTBC Changes — News for February 25 2011UPDATE: Actually, this information has changed. BoldColors.net and ProudToBeCanadian.ca are the two web sites you can now find Joel Johannesen writing, as well as the usual columns from the columnists featured at PTBC. Hello canucks! I haven’t been cross-posting my blog entries to here at ProudToBeCanadian for a while anyway so this isn’t very newsy, but I […]PTBC - (Author: Joel Johannesen)
- PTBC news coming upClearly things have changed course here. There will be news soon.PTBC - (Author: Joel Johannesen)
- Blog posts, columnists at BOLDCOLORS.NET and .CA, in plain black and whiteBlogging over there at BoldColors. Contrary to popular notion, I do NOT type all in bold letters over there. Nor in rainbow colors.PTBC - (Author: Joel Johannesen)
- Ann Coulter column now at BOLDCOLORS.NETDemocrats: Emboldening America’s Enemies & Terrifying Her Allies Since 1976PTBC - (Author: Joel Johannesen)
- CLick here for PTBC news!
Samuel Adams“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." (1775 letter to Abigail)
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." (1765)
"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress."
Walter E. Williams on Government
"At the heart of the American idea is the deep distrust and suspicion the founders of our nation had for government, distrust and suspicion not shared as much by today's Americans. Some of the founders' distrust is seen in our Constitution's language such as Congress shall not: abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, violate and deny. If the founders did not believe Congress would abuse our God-given rights, they would not have provided those protections. After all, one would not expect to find a Bill of Rights in Heaven; it would be an affront to God.
"Other founder distrust for government is found in the Constitution's separation of powers, checks and balances and the several anti-majoritarian provisions such as the Electoral College and the requirement that three-quarters of state legislatures ratify changes in the Constitution. The three branches of our federal government are no longer bound by the Constitution as the framers envisioned and what is worse is American ignorance and acceptance of such rogue behavior.
"Look at the current debate over government involvement in health, business bailouts and stimulus packages. The debate centers around questions as whether such involvement is a good idea or a bad idea and whether one program is more costly than another. Those questions are entirely irrelevant to what should be debated, namely: Is such government involvement in our lives permissible under the U.S. Constitution? That question is not part of the debate.
"The American people, along with our elected representatives, whether they're Republicans or Democrats, care less about what is and what is not permissible under our Constitution. They think Congress has the right to do anything upon which they can secure a majority vote, whether they have the constitutional or moral authority to do so or not."
--George Mason economics professor