Lies O’Plenty -or- He Belies Truth; ACORN’s NUTS
There was one high note during the President’s speech to the joint session of Congress: Rep. Wilson’s shoutout, “You Lie!”
Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) said what over half the country has been thinking. The President DID lie. Since the Dems have voted down amendments requiring verification of citizenship, the bill WILL cover illegals. Yes, Congressman Wilson was right to apologize for the uncivility of his remark, but NOT for telling the truth! I applaud the gentleman from South Carolina because he was heard and his comment was recorded into the record. I’m glad he was honorable to apologize to Obama and that the President reciprocated. But is should have ended there. He didn’t insult the Congress and they should learn to keep their traps closed at the RIGHT times for a change.
I wanted to hear four words from Mr. Obama: America, I hear you. He, of course, went in the other direction. This speech was no different than the 26 previous ones. Our president doesn’t hear us. Let’s get louder!
The President has NOT welcomed conservatives to the table. There has been little – if any – bipartisan input into the health care bill. Conservatives have some pretty good, low-or-no cost measures on the table – HSA expansion, tort reform, dropping state lines – and we KEEP being accused of not bringing anything to the table when we’re not being offered a spot. The President has NOT met with the Republicans on this issue. We are NOT being listened to. He does NOT practice what he preaches. Yes, there is some idiotic language coming out from the right that are essentially “slippery slope” arguments – which could basically be cured with specific language in the bill that keeps being voted down (paying for abortions, illegal immigration, etc…). Why the Dems keep saying it’s not in the bill when it’s right there in BLACK AND WHITE…
The GOP has been frozen out of the House debate from day one. In the Senate, the 3 GOP Senators that make up the gang of 6 were given a false choice of the Public Option or Co-opts (i.e. a public Option), or a trigger to a Public Option. That’s it. Nothing, Nada. Pro Life lawmakers were either lied to, or told to get lost. To those who disagreed, Pelosi labeled them Nazis; the President called them liars, and Reid called them UnAmerican. So much for your “civil discourse”. Don’t these political self-appointed-nobility realize that THEY WORK FOR US?!!!
Words bandied about the blogosphere – fantasy, pipe dream, economic oxymoron, pathological liar, arrogant and condescending, profaned the office, sociopath, moral bankruptcy behind glittering words, demagoguery, glossed-over rhetoric, wealth-transfer program, vituperation, disingenuousness, charlatan.
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=33486 Slick Barry
BO’s door has been closed tightly against the many common-sense plans authored by Representatives Tom Price (R-Ga.) and Louie Gohmert, by Senators Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.). Neither Nancy Pelosi nor Harry Reid will allow those plans a full and open debate. Which is just the way Obama wants it.
Thomas Sowell described the speech as “both a masterpiece of rhetoric and a shameless fraud.”
By not expressly rescinding the unfunded mandates forced upon the states, Barry gets to state that Obamacare doesn’t cover illegals while knowing full well that the states will still be forced to.
Demmy regurgitators have made comments on the blogs about various ‘ought-to-know’ orgs:
Factcheck.org??? You’ve got to be kidding me. They are part of the Annenberg Foundation. You know, the same foundation that Obama was a board member of with the domestic terrorist known as William Ayers. The same factcheck.org that posted a bogus Obama COLB and called it a birth certificate.
Here is only SOME of the sewage (yes, that’s crap) about ACORN, a group intimately tied to Obama:
ACORN is a huge multi-million dollar international conglomerate that is devoted to undermining democracy and the capitalist system itself.
The rank subterfuge that is essential to the core agenda of Obama is to read Matthew Vadum’s article in Townhall.com: http://townhall.com/columnists/MatthewVadum/2009/09/10/acorn_exposed_stealing_democracy
“The vast ACORN empire includes ACORN Institute Inc. (leadership training for activists), W*A*R*N (Wal-Mart Alliance for Reform Now, which supports organizing unions in Wal-Mart stores), ACORN Housing Corp. Inc. (arranges mortgages), Living Wage Resource Center (tracks efforts by cities and states to raise the minimum wage above the federal standard), two “social justice” radio stations in Arkansas and Texas, Project Vote (voter registration and mobilization), Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Locals 100 (Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas) and 880 (Illinois, Indiana), Site Fighters (fighting “big box” chains such as Wal-Mart and Target), and American Institute for Social Justice (publishes Social Policy magazine with ACORN Institute Inc. and the Organizers’ Forum). It also operates a handful of “social justice” high schools in New York and California.”
“Liberals also seem blissfully ignorant of the fact that ACORN was founded not to teach self-reliance but to encourage poor people to get on welfare. By overloading the system, the strategy held, radical change would come to America.”
The roots of this shady/wacko conglomerate go back to the early 1960’s and Tom Hayden, who asserted “[t]he allocation of resources must be based on social needs” and “and so-called participatory democracy.”
“[O]n the far Left, the word democracy has a very different meaning than most Americans assign to it. To many of these radicals, democracy is a code word for socialism. To this end, some leftists have tried to rebrand socialism as economic democracy. Before the Age of Obama, socialist Princeton professor Cornel West, an ACORN ally and advisor on Obama’s campaign team, wrote “Democracy Matters: Winning the Fight Against Imperialism,” which holds that the U.S. is under the control of racist, patriarchal, authoritarian fundamentalists.”
Here is more history that illuminates Obama’s radical associations.
“When West visited Venezuela in 2006, he praised its government, which has nationalized industries, jailed and murdered its opponents and threatened the United States. West said he visited Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela “to see the democratic awakening taking place.” By “democratic awakening,” West meant the transmogrification of Venezuela into a socialist state. In other words, if radical leftists don’t end up with the political result they want, it can’t possibly be real democracy. West has also, incidentally, been a longtime supporter of the ACORN-affiliated radical New Party.
“To further its war on “the system,” Hayden and his allies created an organization called Students for a Democratic Society (SDS). Although SDS became perhaps the preeminent group of the New Left movement, it failed to achieve its goals and splintered into factions.
“One bloc eventually became the violent Weather Underground Organization. The Weathermen embraced terror as a tool of socioeconomic and political change and became especially enamored of explosives. After getting off criminal charges on a legal technicality, two of the group’s leaders, would-be mass murderers William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, decided to poison the minds of the young by turning them against the American system. The unrepentant totalitarian leftists became members of the faculties of, respectively, University of Illinois at Chicago and Northwestern University School of Law. Ayers, who while on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago helped steer grants to ACORN, now teaches students how to indoctrinate their future pupils. Dohrn, his wife, teaches students how to use the law to achieve the left-wing abstraction known as social justice.
“But not all SDS members embraced violence. Among those who rejected terror as an instrument of political persuasion was ACORN founder Wade Rathke, who was an SDS draft resistance organizer. Rathke also organized for the National Welfare Rights Organization (NWRO), an organization whose members physically occupied welfare offices, intimidating social workers and demanding every government welfare dollar that they thought the law entitled them to.”
Marxist sociologists Frances Fox Piven and Richard A. Cloward “developed a model of political and economic subversion that called upon activists to pack the welfare rolls to spread dependency, bankrupt the government and cause uprisings against the capitalist system. They outlined plans for a welfare rights movement in a 1966 Nation article titled ‘The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty.’” This crisis strategy proved so effective to recruit the poor onto the welfare rols that “[f]rom 1965 to 1974, the number of single-parent households on welfare soared from 4.3 million to 10.8 million, despite mostly flush economic times [according to Sol Stern].”
Rathke (1970) developed ACORN’s strategy to carry out the agenda of welfare entitlement, making “ACORN’s focus on registering those dependent on government programs is constituency-building that is consistent with the Cloward-Piven Strategy. Its voter registration drives in Louisiana, for example, have focused on registering people at government offices that deal with welfare, unemployment benefits and food stamps.”
Vadum goes on to show how closely the Weather Underground and Acorn are related:
“siblings who took different paths to radical change—one through violence and terror, the other through protest and politics—both drew inspiration from Chicago activist Saul Alinsky… (Alinsky) praised Lucifer as the ‘first radical’ who ‘rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom.’
“Alinsky said his book was ‘a step toward a science of revolution.’ He acknowledged, ‘The Prince’ was written by Machiavelli for the Haves on how to hold power. ‘Rules for Radicals’ is written for the Have-nots on how to take it away.
“Alinsky believed that in political combat almost anything goes: ‘In war the end justifies almost any means.’ He wrote, ‘The practical revolutionary will understand … [that] in action, one does not always enjoy the luxury of a decision that is consistent both with one’s individual conscience and the good of mankind.’”
Vadum’s article continues with Hillary Clinton and others associated with this socialist agenda. It is absolutely abhorrent that these people are now our ruling class in this country and they pervade our government. Read the rest of Matthew’s article. Let’s figure out how to get rid of this scourge and all the yes-men connected.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNYU9PamIZk (hat tip Atlas)
This investigation was conducted by a couple kids with cajones bigger than Rudy Giuliani’s when he went after the mob in NYC!
Where is 20/20?
Where is 60 minutes?
Where is CNN?
We all know the answer to this question, they’re busy working for dear leader…
Let me explain something to the President.
Your misunderstanding of the terms and conditions of the Constitution, and the relationship of the three branches of government are OBVIOUS, EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that you were ‘educated’ and graduated from Harvard by virtue of the QUOTA SYSTEM.
THE CONGRESS WRITES THE LAWS.
THE CONGRESS WRITES THE CHECKS!
THE CONGRESS DECLARES WAR!
NOBODY, in their right mind, has to “bring you” any ideas or proposals for “your approval” like a big daddy.
Obama, you have a misinformed, inflated opinion of yourself as EVIDENCED by the following remark, “If you come to me with a serious set of proposals, I will be there to listen….”
Barry, or Barak or WHATEVER your REAL NAME is, you ARE NOT “big daddy”
CITIZENS and members of congress do NOT need your approval, you need CITIZEN and congressional approval.
Barry, or Barak or WHATEVER your REAL NAME is,
you work for us.
Sep 10, 2009 @ 02:11 PM
Jingo John, Formerly FREE USA
To the Congress:
The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775 – you have had 234 years to get it right; it is broke.
Social Security was established in 1935 – you have had 74 years to get it right; it is broke.
Fannie Mae was established in 1938 – you have had 71 years to get it right; it is broke.
The “War on Poverty” started in 1964 – you have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor”; it hasn’t worked and our entire country is broke.
Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965 – you’ve had 44 years to get it right; they are broke.
Freddie Mac was established in 1970 – you have had 39 years to get it right; it is broke.
Trillions of dollars were spent in the massive political payoffs called TARP, the “Stimulus”, the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009… none show any signs of working, although ACORN appears to have found a new source: the American taxpayer.
And finally, to set a new record:
“Cash for Clunkers” was established in 2009 and went broke in 2009! It took cars (that were the best some people could afford) and replaced them with high-priced and less-affordable cars, mostly Japanese. A good percentage of the profits went out of the country. And the American taxpayers take the hit for Congress’ generosity in burning three billion more of our dollars on failed experiments.
So with a perfect 100% failure rate and a record that proves that “services” you shove down our throats are failing faster and faster, you want Americans to believe you can be trusted with a government-run health care system?
20% of our entire economy?
With all due respect,
Are you crazy?
- Tort reform – bring down medical malpractice costs – frivolous lawsuits, loser pays, limits on mental anguish.
- Abolish the “state line” mandate – allow purchase of policies from anywhere within country.
- Allow the consumer to “cherry pick” coverage – cafeteria plan for the options they want for their family.
- Take administration burden off the employer – eliminates anchoring coverage to the job.
- Health savings accounts (FSAs) – own dollars, pre-tax, no limits, rolled over, all medical expenses.
If these solutions were applied, there would be significant savings in health care costs. But it’s not about savings, is it? No, it’s about government control over every aspect of our lives. They are not content to G.M., AIG, Fannie and Freddie, many banks, etc. There is 1/6 of our nation’s economy out there up for grabs. www.myteamusa.org
September 19, 2009 - Posted by Lisa | (Un)Limited Government, Agenda of the Left, Fiscal (Ir)Responsibility, Life with Big Brother, Politics, Wake Up, WordPress Political Blogs | ACORN, Annenberg Foundation, Bernadine Dohrn, Bill Ayers, Cloward-Piven Strategy, extortion, Factcheck.org?, Fairness Doctrine/kill free radio, Marxist, Matthew Vadum, NWRO, NWU School of Law, political nobility, Saul Alinsky, SDS, SEIU, social justice, state-run media, U of I at Chicago, voter fraud, Wade Rathke, Weather Underground, Woods Fund
No comments yet.
Xn, Patriot, YEC
Buy me a Coffee? (tip jar)
Please consider supporting this blog with a donation of dollars or java.
Go to https://www.PayPal.com and use "getdclu @ gmail . com" to send money.
All contributions gratefully accepted!! Thank you!
- Religious Freedom Attacked In Texas July 26, 2016A battle over religious freedom has finally ended for a small town in Texas. The city of Port Neches was sued last fall for having a nine-foot tall cement cross in a public park. The Wisconsin-based Freedom From Religion Foundation initiated a lawsuit to remove it after claiming to receive an anonymous complaint from one of the 13,000 residents of Port Neche […]Ryan Hite
- Democrats’ Nasty Tricks July 25, 2016Most states do not allow felons convicted of serious crimes to vote or serve on juries. Obviously, we do not want people who show such clear disregard for our laws to decide who makes laws or how they are carried out. However, Democrats care more about votes than law and justice. The Democratic governor of Virginia, Terry McAuliffe, is a close friend of Hill […]Ryan Hite
- Judicial Supremacy And Montana’s Immigration Law July 22, 2016The judicial supremacists in Montana are at it again. The Montana Supreme Court overruled a common sense law supported by 80 percent of the voters. The law denied state benefits to illegal aliens, including unemployment compensation and university financial aid. The law also required the state to report illegal aliens to federal immigration officials for dep […]Ryan Hite
- Oklahoma Votes To End Abortion July 21, 2016The Oklahoma legislature took a bold step in the fight against abortion. Republican Senator Nathan Dahm introduced a bill that would effectively end abortion in Oklahoma altogether. The measure would stop any abortionist from renewing his medical license in the state. The doctor could also be charged with a felony and sentenced to three years in prison. No s […]Ryan Hite
- Democrats Choose Convicts Over Constitution July 20, 2016Virginia made headlines when Democratic Governor Terry McAuliffe used the power of executive order to give voting rights to 206,000 convicted felons. Democrats know that criminals are more likely to vote for a Democrat then a Republican. Prior Virginia governors thought that such a massive change in voting rights could not be done lawfully by executive order […]Ryan Hite
- Religious Freedom Attacked In Texas July 26, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Romans 12:2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
John 14:27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
2 Chronicles 7:1414 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Elementary, dear Watson
Suggestions & Chat BoxPlease click here to write suggestions that I will check later. Thanks.
- @thomrayne That's scary! I'm more confident in the Rock of my salvation, Jesus Christ who has my name written in the Book of Life. ~ 2 years ago
- MUST SEE VIDEO FLASHBACK: "From My Cold, Dead Hands" SHARE!!! bit.ly/X47pJu @liberty Let's make it VIRAL! ~ 3 years ago
- Blessings from our family to yours on this #Thanksgiving - thx & praise to Almighty God for His protection & provision. #GodinControl ~ 3 years ago
- "@cringetalk: Only the truly stupid believe there is no cover up going on with Benghazi." And they vote Dem by default. ~ 3 years ago
- Sri Lanka to conserve climate-friendly mangroves ecosystem July 26, 2016PAMBALA LAGOON, Sri Lanka (AP) — Sri Lanka's government and environmentalists are working to protect tens of thousands of acres of mangrove forests — the seawater-tolerant trees that help protect and build landmasses, absorb carbon from the environment and reduce the impact of natural disasters like tsunamis.Associated Press
- German who killed 2 young boys sentenced to life in prison July 26, 2016BERLIN (AP) — A regional court near Berlin has sentenced a 33-year-old German man to life in prison for the murder of two small boys, one of whom was kidnapped from a refugee registration center.Associated Press
- Explosion kills 1, injures 5 in Bosnian paper factory July 26, 2016SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — Authorities say an explosion at a paper production company in the northern part of Bosnia has killed one worker and injured five others.Associated Press
- Re-elected Vietnam prime minister vows to defend sovereignty July 26, 2016HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — Vietnam's prime minister vowed to defend the country's sovereignty in the South China Sea as he was re-elected by the rubber-stamp National Assembly.Associated Press
- Indonesia readies prison island for drug convict executions July 26, 2016JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Indonesia has beefed up security at Nusa Kambangan prison island and closed it to visitors in a sign that authorities will execute people convicted of drug crimes for the third time since President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo was elected in 2014.Associated Press
- Mass killings rare in Japan, but have happened before July 26, 2016TOKYO (AP) — A former employee killed 19 people at a home for the mentally disabled early Tuesday morning in Sagamihara, a city 50 kilometers (30 miles) west of Tokyo. Mass killings are relatively rare in Japan, but they have happened before:Associated Press
- Kerry says NKorea should learn from Iran, end nuclear arms July 26, 2016VIENTIANE, Laos (AP) — North Korea's pursuit of nuclear weapons — when the world is trying to rid itself of them — is "very provocative deeply concerning," U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday and warned that there will be consequences if it does not stop.Associated Press
- Letter foretold Japan rampage that killed 19 disabled people July 26, 2016SAGAMIHARA, Japan (AP) — A young Japanese man went on a stabbing rampage Tuesday at a facility for the mentally disabled where he had been fired, police said, killing 19 people months after he gave a letter to Parliament outlining the bloody plan and saying all disabled people should be put to death.Associated Press
- Sri Lanka to conserve climate-friendly mangroves ecosystem July 26, 2016
- CNN Apes CBC: Bias is Over The TopYou’d be forgiven for thinking you were watching the CBC. But no, it’s CNN. And this is ostensibly not a CNN opinion piece: This is how CNN introduced their “news report” about Trump achieving the 1,237 delegate votes needed to secure the nomination, on Wednesday May 26, 2016: If you think CNN was using the occasion to ever […]Joel Johannesen
- Christmas wonMany people (OK, two or even more) who have followed PTBC over the years have written asking why PTBC isn’t on its pro-Merry Christmas kick this year. In case you’re new here, it’s Christmas, not “The Happy Festive Tree Celebration of Seasonal Values Holiday,” or any other secular-progressive left-wing crap like that. For years, PTBC […]Joel Johannesen
- Alberta’s new socialist gov CAN’T raise the wage…until economy picks up. Huh?And here we were told by the fact, evidence, and science-based economists of the Alberta NDP that if the government forces employers to raise the minimum wage to exactly $15 per hour, it will actually fix the economy, make it grow, create jobs, and whiten teeth, etc. So how could this be? Actual quotes from the […]Joel Johannesen
- Ignorant? Or Just More Agenda-Driven Media re Guns?This is the giant – GIANT – photo that the ever so objective and accurate journalists at CKWX News 1130 radio station in Vancouver chose for their online story. That’s not gun powder you’re smelling. It’s bullcrap. Yeah exactly. The Conservatives never abolished the handgun registry at all. Never even tried. Never suggested anything whatsoever about […] […]Joel Johannesen
- Liberal-Left RUSH to import refugees: facts refute liberal ideology and their “evidence-based” twaddleThese Liberals are all about the science and the evidence, you see. They’re ever so erudite! And this newfangled evidence-based governing system was to be understood by you and me as a radical (no sorry, progressive) and ever so positive a change in Canada’s governance. So, or ipso facto if you will, rushing exactly 25,000 refugees to Canada within […] […]Joel Johannesen
- CNN Apes CBC: Bias is Over The Top
Samuel Adams“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." (1775 letter to Abigail)
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." (1765)
"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress."
Walter E. Williams on Government
"At the heart of the American idea is the deep distrust and suspicion the founders of our nation had for government, distrust and suspicion not shared as much by today's Americans. Some of the founders' distrust is seen in our Constitution's language such as Congress shall not: abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, violate and deny. If the founders did not believe Congress would abuse our God-given rights, they would not have provided those protections. After all, one would not expect to find a Bill of Rights in Heaven; it would be an affront to God.
"Other founder distrust for government is found in the Constitution's separation of powers, checks and balances and the several anti-majoritarian provisions such as the Electoral College and the requirement that three-quarters of state legislatures ratify changes in the Constitution. The three branches of our federal government are no longer bound by the Constitution as the framers envisioned and what is worse is American ignorance and acceptance of such rogue behavior.
"Look at the current debate over government involvement in health, business bailouts and stimulus packages. The debate centers around questions as whether such involvement is a good idea or a bad idea and whether one program is more costly than another. Those questions are entirely irrelevant to what should be debated, namely: Is such government involvement in our lives permissible under the U.S. Constitution? That question is not part of the debate.
"The American people, along with our elected representatives, whether they're Republicans or Democrats, care less about what is and what is not permissible under our Constitution. They think Congress has the right to do anything upon which they can secure a majority vote, whether they have the constitutional or moral authority to do so or not."
--George Mason economics professor