I’m no lover of President Obama, as has been obvious from previous posts, but I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt if at all possible. But missing the 20th anniversary ceremonies at the Berlin Wall, and his imperceptibly slow decisions regarding Afghanistan are absolutely and outrageously illogical.
Rational thinkers would at least succumb to historical precedence (if not honor!) to be among those photographed at the Brandenburg Gate twenty years after the wall came tumbling down. Was this so difficult a task for a narcissist because of his huge Reagan intimidation complex? Word of advice: the world is bigger than you are, sir. And no one’s cares how “busy” your schedule was. So in this instance because Sarcozy was not blind to the reality of the world and is indeed a gentleman, even the French have a better understanding of foreign affairs.
But the illogical decisions don’t end with the European theatre. Our’s is such a small world in this ‘globalist’ economy… our leader has displayed an embarrassing void of leadership and “[c]ampaigning is still getting in the way of leadership” (Warren). In Afghanistan, Obama has been unable, or unwilling, to make critical defense decisions, as is evidenced by the the four-month lag time between General Stanley McChrystal’s urgent request for more troops and yesterday’s monumental world anniversary.
When our president and his administration go to war against the former administration and Fox News channel, but do not give our generals on the ground the troops that they need to win the war, something is definitely amiss. Instead of a trip to Dover Air Force Base to greet the dead coming home, Obama should send more troops to Afghanistan to protect them from dying. (Norris)
Instead of a “McChrystal light” alternative that is based upon partisan preferences and a delayed political move to force a Nov. 7 Afghan re-election, Obama should provide immediate and complete compliance to our generals’ expert analysis and requests that is based upon the protection of our troops and the success of the mission. So much for Obama’s campaign promise, “I will make the fight against al-Qaida and the Taliban the top priority that it should be.” President Obama, stop riding the fence! (Norris)
Since it’s apparent we’re not getting off this merry-go-round anytime soon, we might as well enjoy the ride… Barry Farber’s take is droll enough to crack a smile on even the most hardened skeptic, so think about what you’re going to do to help the troops for the holidays (see Chuck Norris’ article below for one option) and read on, McDuff, read on…
Can you imagine what that does to the pro-democracy – and unashamedly pro-American – elements inside Iran? It’s like survivors on a life raft in the ocean, who see a scout plane and yell and wave and pray – but the plane fails to see them and drones on out of sight. And has America’s willingness to “shake your hand if you unclench your fist” had any better results with North Korea? The naïveté of Barack Obama is manufacturing contempt for America like North Carolina manufactures cigarettes.
Where might we find an American diplomatic success? Newspapers in Poland and the Czech Republic are cussing us out for our “Yalta” encore in scrapping the missile shield, a concession to Russia for which we got zero in return. Pakistan, with its nuclear arsenal within grabbing distance of al-Qaida and the Taliban, is an elephant dangling over a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. Wasn’t there supposed to be a success somewhere? Afghanistan? The Olympics, maybe? Honduras? Has this president ever uttered the word “Darfur”?
Obama is not the first president who has led us poorly. He’s merely the first who has led us so predictably poorly.
A final proverb, this one Greek, tells us, “If you want to see wolves, act like a sheep.”
The president’s report card reminds us of the hapless student who had to show his parents the dismal printout of four F’s and one D. His excuse was that he’d been spending all his time on one subject.
And that must have been “Advanced Apology.”
Neoavatara: Obama The Clueless
The Political Commentator It’s Not Just Me
When Foreign Policy Becomes Foreign Ineptitude by William Warren (NetRightNation)
Special Report: A Clear-Eyed View of the Obama Regime by Bill Wilson (NetRightNation)
Tear Down This Presidency! by Pamela Geller (Atlas Shrugs)
President Obama, Time to Make a Decision by Chuck Norris (WND)
In Defense of a Pathetic Presidency by Barry Farber (WND) – very amusing!
Where's Walbama?: http://wp.me/pzfHB-i5
1 Comment »
Xn, Patriot, YEC
Buy me a Coffee? (tip jar)
Please consider supporting this blog with a donation of dollars or java.
Go to https://www.PayPal.com and use "getdclu @ gmail . com" to send money.
All contributions gratefully accepted!! Thank you!
- Victory for Christmas at Public School November 30, 2016For nearly 50 years Concord High School in Elkhart, Indiana, has featured a live nativity scene as part of its annual Christmas show, which it calls the “Christmas Spectacular.” But this year, the ACLU and the atheist Freedom From Religion Foundation brought a lawsuit on behalf of an unnamed father and his son, a student at Concord, to block the part of the […]Ryan Hite
- DOE Condemns “Common Sense and Reason” November 29, 2016President Obama’s Department of Education has ruled that “common sense and reason” are not allowed to guide decisions of alleged sexual harassment under Title IX. This should come as no surprise, because Title IX is completely unreasonable and void of common sense. Under President Obama, the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights has begun to inve […]Ryan Hite
- A MAssive Attack On People Of Faith November 28, 2016Massachusetts passed a civil rights law which could put people of faith in jail for following their sincerely-held religious beliefs. The law criminalizes discrimination against certain protected classes in public places. One of the protected groups is transgender people. That means Massachusetts could put a pastor in jail for telling his congregation to onl […]Ryan Hite
- A Black Friday Tribute To Capitalism November 25, 2016Yesterday was an important day to celebrate our American heritage. We set aside one Thursday in November to remember the brave men and women who first came to this country seeking a better life. However, there are several lessons that can be learned from the day after Thanksgiving, which is known to most Americans as Black Friday. People who do not love Amer […]Ryan Hite
- Thanksgiving – America’s Religious Holiday November 24, 2016**Previously Record - From the Archives** Thanksgiving is a unique American religious holiday. The Thanksgiving Proclamation signed by President George Washington was the first official presidential proclamation ever issued by the United States. Here is a quote from George Washington’s Proclamation: “Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the p […]Ryan Hite
- Victory for Christmas at Public School November 30, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Romans 12:2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
John 14:27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
2 Chronicles 7:1414 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Elementary, dear Watson
Suggestions & Chat BoxPlease click here to write suggestions that I will check later. Thanks.
- @thomrayne That's scary! I'm more confident in the Rock of my salvation, Jesus Christ who has my name written in the Book of Life. ~ 3 years ago
- MUST SEE VIDEO FLASHBACK: "From My Cold, Dead Hands" SHARE!!! bit.ly/X47pJu @liberty Let's make it VIRAL! ~ 4 years ago
- Blessings from our family to yours on this #Thanksgiving - thx & praise to Almighty God for His protection & provision. #GodinControl ~ 4 years ago
- "@cringetalk: Only the truly stupid believe there is no cover up going on with Benghazi." And they vote Dem by default. ~ 4 years ago
- CBS's King Hilarious Defends Vacationing with Obamas; ‘Not Political’ to See Her ‘Friends’ April 22, 2017 MRCTV
- Watch MRC's Tim Graham Appear on the Series Finale of FNC's 'The Factor' April 22, 2017 MRCTV
- Fake News: Rachel Maddow Invents Missing Trump Inauguration Funds April 22, 2017***To read the full blog, please check out the complete post on NewsBusters***MRCTV
- Details on Trump’s Tax Reform Plan to Be Announced Next Week April 21, 2017President Donald Trump said Friday that he will unveil details on his tax reform plan next week.Melanie Arter
- GOP Surrender in Impending Budget Battle Looms April 21, 2017The script of the last eight years is about to play out again.Michael Morris
- Socialist Venezuela May Be Having Its Tiananmen Square Moment April 21, 2017Upward of 2 million Venezuelans have taken to the streets in protest.Michael Morris
- WH ‘Confident’ There Will Be No Government Shutdown April 21, 2017The White House said Friday that it has confidence that there will be no government shutdown, however, the Office of Management and Budget is taking “routine steps” to prepare for a potential lapse in appropriations next week following the continuing resolution’s expiration. […]Melanie Arter
- Charlie Daniels--An Open Letter to Politicians: You Have Completely Forgotten About We the People April 21, 2017It's become a game with you people.Michael Morris
- Foreign aid is not aid, it’s a rip-offI’ve made clear the position of this website on the candidates for leader of the Conservative Party (Maxime Bernier). So I’ll go ahead and share another reason why: it comes from this latest emailout by his team. In it he talks about foreign affairs, or at least foreign aid, and how it... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full […]Joel Johannesen
- Alt-right email. Alt-answered.Mail delivered to me in a fashion at odds with the quaint traditional postal mail methods of yore. And then answered in a similar alternate fashion. Hi Joseph, I think what the “alt-right” folks intended to mean was “an alternative to the traditional, or... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full links, and other great content! […]Joel Johannesen
- Email about CBC: Asked and Answered.Hi Kent — The CBC — and virtually everyone who works there — literally relies on a degree of socialism and a socialist mindset for the CBC’s very existence. Without their annual $1.5 billion of the taxpayers’ cash and all the market protections given to them by the... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full links, and other gre […]Joel Johannesen
- Trudeau Liberals’ crony capitalism and hypocrisy is delivered by courier trucks, V8s, and jet enginesNot a day goes by wherein the uberliberal Liberals don’t meddle in the economy, engage in their croney capitalism, waste our taxpayer dollars, further wreck the free market, wreck capitalism, wreck businesses, negate any semblance of their own principles which are now demonstrably farcical,... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for […]Joel Johannesen
- National Post misleads on Leitch. Again.The liberal mainstream media misreads, and it misleads. But now for some news: Demonstrating the mainstream media’s amazing ability to misread public sentiment, notwithstanding their recent gigantic misses, I think the National Post thinks it is slamming Kellie Leitch today. But I suspect... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for f […]Joel Johannesen
- Foreign aid is not aid, it’s a rip-off
Samuel Adams“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." (1775 letter to Abigail)
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." (1765)
"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress."
Walter E. Williams on Government
"At the heart of the American idea is the deep distrust and suspicion the founders of our nation had for government, distrust and suspicion not shared as much by today's Americans. Some of the founders' distrust is seen in our Constitution's language such as Congress shall not: abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, violate and deny. If the founders did not believe Congress would abuse our God-given rights, they would not have provided those protections. After all, one would not expect to find a Bill of Rights in Heaven; it would be an affront to God.
"Other founder distrust for government is found in the Constitution's separation of powers, checks and balances and the several anti-majoritarian provisions such as the Electoral College and the requirement that three-quarters of state legislatures ratify changes in the Constitution. The three branches of our federal government are no longer bound by the Constitution as the framers envisioned and what is worse is American ignorance and acceptance of such rogue behavior.
"Look at the current debate over government involvement in health, business bailouts and stimulus packages. The debate centers around questions as whether such involvement is a good idea or a bad idea and whether one program is more costly than another. Those questions are entirely irrelevant to what should be debated, namely: Is such government involvement in our lives permissible under the U.S. Constitution? That question is not part of the debate.
"The American people, along with our elected representatives, whether they're Republicans or Democrats, care less about what is and what is not permissible under our Constitution. They think Congress has the right to do anything upon which they can secure a majority vote, whether they have the constitutional or moral authority to do so or not."
--George Mason economics professor
Site infoGet d'Clu
Blog at WordPress.com.