The little five year old girl was like any other five year old girl standing with her mother in the check out line. Looking here and there; wanting this and that. And then she saw something special. A necklace! A necklace of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box.
“Oh, please Mommy can I have them? Please, Mommy, please!”
The mom looked at the box and then at her pleading, blue eyes of her daughter. She saw they cost a dollar ninety-five. And so the mom said, “That’s almost two-dollars. If you really want them, I’ll think of some extra chores for you, and in no time you can save enough money to buy them yourself. And you know your birthday is only a week away and you might get another crisp dollar from Grandma.”
As soon as Jenny got home she emptied her piggy bank and counted out 17 pennies. After dinner, she did more than her share of the chores, and then she went to her neighbor and asked Mrs. McJames if she could pick dandelions for ten cents. And on her birthday her grandmother did indeed give her a new dollar bill. And so at last she had enough to buy the necklace.
Jenny had a loving Dad and every night he would go in when she was ready for bed and read her story. One night when he finished the story, he asked Jenny, “Do you love me?”
“Oh, yes, Daddy, you know I love you.”
“Then give me your pearls.”
“Oh, Daddy, not my pearls….but you can have Princess, the white horse from my horse collection, the one with the pink tail. Remember Daddy, that’s the one you gave me. She’s my favorite.”
“That’s okay, Honey. Daddy loves you. Good night.” And he gave her a kiss on the cheek.
About a week later, after story time, Jenny’s dad asked her again, “Do you love me?”
“Daddy, you know that I love you.”
“Then give me you’re your pearls.”
“Oh, Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my baby doll. The brand new one I got for my birthday. She’s so beautiful and you can have the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper.”
“That’s okay. You sleep well. God bless you little one. Daddy loves you more than you’ll ever realize.” And as always he gave her a kiss good night.
A few nights later when her daddy came in, Jenny was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed. As he came close, he noticed her chin was quivering and there was one silent tear rolling down her cheek.
“What is it, Jenny? What’s the matter?”
Jenny didn’t say anything bit lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And when she opened it, there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver in her voice, she finally said, “Here, Daddy, it’s for you.”
And now with tears in his own eyes, Jenny’s daddy reached out with one hand to take the dollar store necklace, and with the other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case with a strand of genuine pearls and gave them to Jenny. He had them all the time. He was just waiting for her to give up the dollar store stuff so he could give her the genuine treasure.
As we’re entering this Thanksgiving season and Advent season I wonder how often have I told God I loved Him, but then held on to something I thought was so precious to me, and then when He would ask for it, I refused to give it up; or I tried to offer something else in its place. And all the while, I never realized He wanted to me to give up my dollar store stuff so He could give me the genuine treasure.
How often have I told Him what I wanted Him to give me, not realizing I was asking for dollar store stuff; when He wanted to give me something of far greater value.
If God is asking you to give to a Thanksgiving offering for missions, don’t hold back. God has a greater treasure in store for you.
If God is asking you to buy a gift for a Head Start child, don’t hold back, God has a greater treasure in store for you.
If God is asking you to forgive, don’t hold back. God has a greater treasure in store for you.
If God is asking you to make time for Him, don’t hold back. God has a greater treasure in store for you.
Greater Treasure: http://wp.me/pzfHB-lj
2 Comments »
Xn, Patriot, YEC
Buy me a Coffee? (tip jar)
Please consider supporting this blog with a donation of dollars or java.
Go to https://www.PayPal.com and use "getdclu @ gmail . com" to send money.
All contributions gratefully accepted!! Thank you!
- Victory for Christmas at Public School November 30, 2016For nearly 50 years Concord High School in Elkhart, Indiana, has featured a live nativity scene as part of its annual Christmas show, which it calls the “Christmas Spectacular.” But this year, the ACLU and the atheist Freedom From Religion Foundation brought a lawsuit on behalf of an unnamed father and his son, a student at Concord, to block the part of the […]Ryan Hite
- DOE Condemns “Common Sense and Reason” November 29, 2016President Obama’s Department of Education has ruled that “common sense and reason” are not allowed to guide decisions of alleged sexual harassment under Title IX. This should come as no surprise, because Title IX is completely unreasonable and void of common sense. Under President Obama, the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights has begun to inve […]Ryan Hite
- A MAssive Attack On People Of Faith November 28, 2016Massachusetts passed a civil rights law which could put people of faith in jail for following their sincerely-held religious beliefs. The law criminalizes discrimination against certain protected classes in public places. One of the protected groups is transgender people. That means Massachusetts could put a pastor in jail for telling his congregation to onl […]Ryan Hite
- A Black Friday Tribute To Capitalism November 25, 2016Yesterday was an important day to celebrate our American heritage. We set aside one Thursday in November to remember the brave men and women who first came to this country seeking a better life. However, there are several lessons that can be learned from the day after Thanksgiving, which is known to most Americans as Black Friday. People who do not love Amer […]Ryan Hite
- Thanksgiving – America’s Religious Holiday November 24, 2016**Previously Record - From the Archives** Thanksgiving is a unique American religious holiday. The Thanksgiving Proclamation signed by President George Washington was the first official presidential proclamation ever issued by the United States. Here is a quote from George Washington’s Proclamation: “Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the p […]Ryan Hite
- Victory for Christmas at Public School November 30, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Romans 12:2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
John 14:27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
2 Chronicles 7:1414 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Elementary, dear Watson
Suggestions & Chat BoxPlease click here to write suggestions that I will check later. Thanks.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Trump Signs Executive Order Calling for Review of National Monument Designations April 27, 2017President Donald Trump signed an executive order Wednesday at the Interior Department to review designations of national monuments under the Antiquities Act of 1906, saying the order puts an end to the “egregious abuse of federal power” and gives the power “back to the states and to the people, where it belongs.” […]Melanie Arter
- Trump Tax Reform Plan Calls for Repeal of Death Tax and AMT, Shrinks Tax Brackets Down to 3 April 26, 2017The White House on Wednesday unveiled President Donald Trump’s tax cut plan, which includes repeal of the death tax and the alternative minimum tax and the reduction of the seven tax brackets down to only three.Melanie Arter
- Texas Dem Defends Pro-Life Colleagues: ‘Litmus Test on Any One Issue Just Won’t Work’ April 26, 2017Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas)“Diversity is what makes our party great,” Texas Democrat Rep. Henry Cuellar told CNSNews.com, responding to party Chair Tom Perez’s declaration that support of abortion is “not negotiable.”Craig Bannister
- Jamiel Shaw: 'My Son Was Murdered by a DREAMer' -- An 'Illegal Alien on 3rd Gun Charge' April 26, 2017...Michael W. Chapman
- Liberal Groups Attack Civil Rights Official for Enforcing Civil Rights Act April 26, 2017Left-wing groups push double standard.Michael Morris
- Media Cheer: Trump ‘Reeling’ After ‘Big Setback’ to ‘Hardline’ Immigration Policy April 26, 2017More in the cross-post on the MRC's NewsBusters blog.MRCTV
- Can You Claim to Be ‘Born-Again’ When You Won’t Even Allow Others to Be Born? April 26, 2017Embracing abortion requires rejecting God's image.Michael Morris
- Coulter: 'Free Speech Crushed by Thugs' at UC Berkeley April 26, 2017Ann Coulter“It is a dark day for free speech in America,” conservative commentary Ann Coulter declared Wednesday when her planned speech at UC Berkeley was canceled due to threats by liberal “thugs.”Craig Bannister
- Trump Signs Executive Order Calling for Review of National Monument Designations April 27, 2017
- Foreign aid is not aid, it’s a rip-offI’ve made clear the position of this website on the candidates for leader of the Conservative Party (Maxime Bernier). So I’ll go ahead and share another reason why: it comes from this latest emailout by his team. In it he talks about foreign affairs, or at least foreign aid, and how it... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full […]Joel Johannesen
- Alt-right email. Alt-answered.Mail delivered to me in a fashion at odds with the quaint traditional postal mail methods of yore. And then answered in a similar alternate fashion. Hi Joseph, I think what the “alt-right” folks intended to mean was “an alternative to the traditional, or... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full links, and other great content! […]Joel Johannesen
- Email about CBC: Asked and Answered.Hi Kent — The CBC — and virtually everyone who works there — literally relies on a degree of socialism and a socialist mindset for the CBC’s very existence. Without their annual $1.5 billion of the taxpayers’ cash and all the market protections given to them by the... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full links, and other gre […]Joel Johannesen
- Trudeau Liberals’ crony capitalism and hypocrisy is delivered by courier trucks, V8s, and jet enginesNot a day goes by wherein the uberliberal Liberals don’t meddle in the economy, engage in their croney capitalism, waste our taxpayer dollars, further wreck the free market, wreck capitalism, wreck businesses, negate any semblance of their own principles which are now demonstrably farcical,... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for […]Joel Johannesen
- National Post misleads on Leitch. Again.The liberal mainstream media misreads, and it misleads. But now for some news: Demonstrating the mainstream media’s amazing ability to misread public sentiment, notwithstanding their recent gigantic misses, I think the National Post thinks it is slamming Kellie Leitch today. But I suspect... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for f […]Joel Johannesen
- Foreign aid is not aid, it’s a rip-off
Samuel Adams“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." (1775 letter to Abigail)
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." (1765)
"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress."
Walter E. Williams on Government
"At the heart of the American idea is the deep distrust and suspicion the founders of our nation had for government, distrust and suspicion not shared as much by today's Americans. Some of the founders' distrust is seen in our Constitution's language such as Congress shall not: abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, violate and deny. If the founders did not believe Congress would abuse our God-given rights, they would not have provided those protections. After all, one would not expect to find a Bill of Rights in Heaven; it would be an affront to God.
"Other founder distrust for government is found in the Constitution's separation of powers, checks and balances and the several anti-majoritarian provisions such as the Electoral College and the requirement that three-quarters of state legislatures ratify changes in the Constitution. The three branches of our federal government are no longer bound by the Constitution as the framers envisioned and what is worse is American ignorance and acceptance of such rogue behavior.
"Look at the current debate over government involvement in health, business bailouts and stimulus packages. The debate centers around questions as whether such involvement is a good idea or a bad idea and whether one program is more costly than another. Those questions are entirely irrelevant to what should be debated, namely: Is such government involvement in our lives permissible under the U.S. Constitution? That question is not part of the debate.
"The American people, along with our elected representatives, whether they're Republicans or Democrats, care less about what is and what is not permissible under our Constitution. They think Congress has the right to do anything upon which they can secure a majority vote, whether they have the constitutional or moral authority to do so or not."
--George Mason economics professor
Site infoGet d'Clu
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.