I couldn’t have said it better than Christie Carden, TPP AL State Coordinator, so I won’t. Please read.
Leverage your power locally to change your party.
“All Politics is Local” by Capitol Confidential at biggovernment.com
TEA Parties nation-wide have found that calling, writing, and showing up in person in D.C. has the same impact as a hiccup in a hurricane. After turning out thousands of citizens at rallies, overwhelming the Senate phone lines and crashing Congress’ e-mail system, our elected representatives are poised to enact the greatest expansion of government in history. The TEA Parties followed the direction of national organizations and associations. They answered the call, but were sent over the trench-line without an actual plan or support. (See, for example, Somme, Battle of) It is time for the TEA Party movement to turn inward. In the words of the age-old adage, “ All politics is local “.
Stories like the ACORN tapes have massive national legs, yet they do not destroy the local farm team of tax-and-spend big government. Fighting for Liberty and the ability to live the American dream requires getting your hands dirty far closer to home.
For the TEA party and 9-12 groups to become effective, they must evolve again, and this time the Gadsden Flag will be a marker laid down to far more personal targets. People find the mundane of daily life and local news forgettable, yet this is how the TEA party can enact meaningful change.
To end the progression of large intrusive government and the progressive agenda, the TEA party must neuter the left’s farm team. City Council, County Board, Park Districts, and School Boards may not have the flash of State Representatives, State Senators or their federal partners, but, they are, indeed, perhaps more the important .
The progressives and Big Government-types have entrenched themselves into local power bases. They have expanded the role of government from the garbage man to the kindergarten teacher. They are taking us over from within, yet we can push back.
Until the last year, our side has been busy with our personal and professional lives. We have looked past machine politics and the local aspects of our lives. We have ignored the corruption in our hometowns. We have chosen to overlook the police state that has grown. We have chosen to allow the nanny state to encroach on smoking in taverns or trans-fat in our doughnuts, to name just two recent examples. We have allowed an extra $.05 sales tax for “insert public good here” after another, without protest or outrage.
In our slumber, we have allowed our liberties to be encroached. We have allowed the will of the State to be imposed on us. In places like Missouri, we have allowed no more than 30 hardened progressives to dictate the tempo of the debate. (Fortunately, we do know who you are and will be outing you here.) We have allowed this to happen because we have not paid attention to the minor league ball game.
We choose instead to protest in Washington, D.C. We chose to show outrage to the political class that is not listening. They won’t listen; they do not have to . They have showered their districts in pork and bribed us with our own money. They can freely come back home from the Beltway bubble to their local farm team and act like they conquered Gaul.
A local mayor and a rogue’s gallery of other officials will hold a press conference with the Representative or Senator and the lamestream media will re-broadcast their talking points. These local co-conspirators will treat the federal officials as Caesar, yet the arch they march through is a fake. These people have only accomplished one thing; they have retained power. They hold power by controlling the means of political production. They control us by controlling our cities, counties, parks, and schools. They have turned us into a class of serfs begging for scraps from the table that we fill. (That’s actually unfair to serfs. In Medieval times, serfs only had to hand over 1/3 of their income to the feudal lords. Add up federal, state and local tax levies, we may much more than serfs ever paid. So, what does that make us?)
Now is the time for the TEA party to show it’s real colors and longevity. Now it is time for us to stop the rallies and start the process of running for election and holding our current officials directly accountable. Now is the time for the plumber, the electrician, and the Joe Six-pack American to end this madness.
No more will we go quietly into that long night. Now, we must fight. We must take back the system and make our elected officials fear “we the people”. This is the battle our forefathers saw many years ago.
This is the time for the Tea Party to seize the day and make a difference. Which party you decide to run on doesn’t matter. Republican or Democrat matters little, as the national leaders of both have lost touch. What matters is we destroy the go-along-to-get-along farm team. It also matters that we pick a party…the Republicans and Democrats have together gamed the system against third parties. Creating a TEA Party isn’t a serious solution. Leverage your power locally to change your party.
Make a pledge to not vote to tax and spend the people’s money. Make a pledge to quit after “x” amounts of terms in office. The people are waiting for a leader; they are waiting for a Captain. Be that Captain. March to the sound of the guns, and seize the day.
With TEA party people in every position of government, the political class in Washington will listen. They will no longer have the political cover of pork-hungry Mayors doing tricks for the political elite. There will no longer be days of staffers blowing people off to vote for their party line.
A carpet-layer has more experience to lead than any political hack. An insurance man has more ability to look at regulations than a risk-adverse lawyer. A veteran has more understanding of what it takes to support our men and women in harms way.
It is time to break the mold of what looks good to get elected. Now is the time to become involved. Now is the time to hear the sounds of battle and join. The Government teat must be turned off. The system needs to be rebooted.
Help start the process and run for office. The great sleeper that is America has woken up. 2010 is not the end game, neither is 2012. The end game is when we level the playing field and make America once again the land of opportunity.
Fly that Gadsden flag high and fly it proud. But, that isn’t enough. It is time to leave your fields and join the battle. March to the sound of the guns.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! 🙂
Huntsville Tea Party Movement
AL State Coordinator w/ teapartypatriots.org
“The people are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie Ten Boom
All Politics is Local: http://wp.me/pzfHB-p9
The MSM aside, the computer program used by the Indiana State University to count the number of bodies in a picture gave an accurate figure of 1.7 million people attending the 9-12 march on the mall in D.C. last month. That’s a bigger number of people gathered for any political event EVER there. And as subsequent pictures showed, there was very little trash left by these caring folks to be picked up by the local sanitary department the next day. Very nice, indeed.
Here’s the top 20 list of best signage.
1. Give Me Liberty Not Debt
2. Terrorists Won’t Destroy America, Congress Will!
3. Obamacare Makes Me Sick
4. Basic Math: Debt + Bailouts = Fiscal Child Abuse
5. Protect the Rights of the Smallest Minority: The Individual
6. You Cannot Help the Poor by Destroying the Rich
7. No ACORN, No Czars No Cap and Trade, Nobama
8. Madam Speaker, Kiss Our Astroturf
9.$11 trillion and Climbing
Now that’s a Lot of Change
10. I’m Not Your ATM
11. Joe Wilson Was Right
12. Government Healthcare is
the Disease, Not the Cure
13. Chains You Can Believe In
14. Read the Bills or
Get off the Hill
15. No Child Left a Dime
16. Go Green — Recycle Congress.
17. It’s Time to Clean the House
And the Senate
18. Silence is Consent
Can You Hear Us Now?
19. King George Didn’t Listen Either!
20. The American Dream R.I.P.
My personal favs are numbers 4, 5 and 16. Long live the Constitution!
Several times during my InfoHound searches I’ll find interesting opinions on the web. Here is such a pair from writer James Koerner, a man of many talents. Do you think the gentleman correct? Does he go far enough? Can we use this as our clarion call to arise and demand the government address our grievances or cease and desist???
Obama Part I
September 23 at 3:16pm
It is with impudence to the history of this nation that Obama presents his effrontery as the all keeping seer of all things Marxist in his approaches to global matters of import and to the political workings of this nation. His daily mouthpiece, Robert Gibbs, displays his own disdain and lack of appreciation of the innate intelligence of the American people and treats the media as whining children. Especially those few, true journalists, who at times, make the perilous attempt to ask probing questions.
That the electorate as a combined whole in its’ majority chose to elect this banal man as the leader of this nation still causes pause and to ask the question, why? The sycophant whose leagues took to sanitizing his questionable pedigree, for which we have no verification upon which to determine his constitutionality to even accept his party’s’ nomination to the most honorable office. Let alone his contempt for the citizenry of who he now leads.
His anal cabal of elected office holder followers have taken to masking his inexperience by treading on the very fabric of this nation and the institutions so set up by its’ founders. The levying of unknown taxes through legislation so shielded in strict weight of numbers, forcing passage on this bile by contempt of legislators smacks of “Royal Treatise”, and, one may even see into the future and suppose, dictatorial tyranny. Of the later I am convinced will surely come as we watch in petrified horror as the Constitution of this Nation is ground into the dust of time and we are led as incompetent proletariat he so surely thinks, and believes, we are.
When one party has such a stranglehold on all the branches of government it leads to contempt for the very beliefs which have given us commonality of purpose and belief over the past two plus centuries. And contempt leads to outright corruption at all levels, a corruption which smells of the stench of tyranny and in time will lapse into a profanity the likes of which our citizenry have never experienced or seen. This man is no Caesar and we must throw the wolves of Hades from the door before it is too late.
This man and his minions have levied upon the remaining legislators stacks of impudent legislation designed, as is the Marxist strategy, to bury the very institutions under the weight of its’ own largesse and fully overwhelm the intellectual abilities of those chosen through duly elected procedures to evaluate, debate, and come to consensus on this matters.
To vote wily nilly to the whims of a man possessed by contempt for all things this nation stands for is beyond the realm of realistic thought and flutters into the abyss of self-obsessed belief in one’s own ‘god like’ inferior abilities. And then to pawn this off on the mass of citizenry, which have stood up and said “no”, is to spit in the face of right. A right which at some point will stamp its’ foot and grind the infidel into the night.
But to permit his indulgences cloaked in the notion that ultimately the plans and details are actually his lackeys and not his is but yet an additional effrontery on the intelligence of this citizenry. That we should be so effectuated in this pageantry of idiocy is beyond comprehension. We have seen the hidden A.C.O.R.N. master with his two cloven hands; Rham Emmanuel and David Axelrod. With their inherent linkage to S.E.I.U., the Black Panthers, and the remnants of the former, or is it?, S.D.S., they should all be hoisted on their own petards.
As the days, weeks, and months continue to unfold before our eyes I daresay we shall continue to be amazed at the rush to pass inane legislation over emboldened and competent discussion of what will be a financial travesty of spending beyond our wildest dreams, where future generations ten-fold plus will still be paying for nothing.
September 24 at 5:38pm
Not only was his diatribe inspired, it showed courage to present in the face of President Obama’s nascent remarks of pro-Islam, anti-Israel speeches of late. To include his impudent remarks during his own buffoonery yesterday before this less than ‘august’ body of concerned socialists and Marxists, whose whole existence is to bring about redistributed wealth of individuals, nations, and corporations at the expense of the West? And to cajole it, into implacable apologetic unreasoning for not including inferiors, and less nations, in the renaissance and the enlightenment. That purpose, invention, business acumen, reasoning, advanced intelligence, art, and exploring should be cause for apology, defies the reason of learned and fastidious men; to whit Obama is not included in this classification. In part for his unwanted and obsequious throwing of Israel to the wolves yesterday, and for his implacable lies in demanding that Israel make peace with Hamas with no pre-conditions, except his naïve and imbecilic condition that Israel retreat to its’ 1967 borders. Thereby sealing its’ fate as being a crushed and defeated nation within months, as the Islamist Obama would most definitely support the marauders as they storm the gates of an ally.
That the citizenry of this nation should even allow such perversion of this country and allow an agent thereof, to so demean the greatness of what we are and stand for is beyond comprehension. With enraged speech we should as the greater whole of our sums throw this rogue imposter to a leader out the window as he so deserves. That this person is re-defining and re-writing our history for global/socialist/Marxist gains is against all that our citizenry has worked for since the beginning of the schism with Great Britain, which brought about our revolution from Monarchical rule, only to slip into the bile and imbecility of uneducated, uninspiring, tomfoolery and immorality of thought based on “change”, because all “change” means is creating him as dictator over a Marxist state. And this “change” shall surely come as the ‘imposter’ has so fastidiously stated in many formats that he and his assigns shall swamp the system with guile and force it to collapse upon itself, seeking him as the ‘saviour’ of our beloved citizenry.
That he and his assigns would embrace and give umbrage to Chavez, Castro, the leader of outcast Iran, Hamas, and the rest of the Islamic heretical groups has been but to kick the citizenry in the teeth, calling us fools for our belief in family, justice, and America. That we should laud the ‘imposter’ with applause and accolades, and for what? To what purpose of ours should this be given him? For this man has achieved little to nothing but aspiring to be loved as ‘divine’. And ‘divine’ for doing what? To what is he owed this purpose? They are but petards of self-obsessed obsequiousness. Not worthy to be called ‘men’ but are traitors to this nation, its’ Constitution, and most importantly, its citizenry.
Therefore he has earned the least of these designations, that of Benedict Arnold. And this alone is derived by his forethought of love and forbearance to those who specialize in warring bed linen for clothing and bowing to an illegitimate monarch, and praying to an infidel of an excuse for a lesser god. That he would cast upon the fires without dispersion our allies who have stood by us through the tests of time and war. For without them the viability of this nation would be greatly diminished.
And to what is owed the Media love-fest of congistulation which reviles all able bodied persons to have their stomachs revolt? Yet as feeble men do, they hang onto the oratory of inferiors and infidels in the misbegotten hope of eternal glee for the meager crumbs of neo-reality they receive. As lambs being led to the slaughter, they have sealed their fate to Hades in the inglorious accompaniment of children’s songs as they are unwantonly being indoctrinated in “ObaMarxist” thought in public, inferior, schools.
As the citizenry blinks the public schools are removing the thought processes from the minds of helpless children. And doing this without, are lack of concern, by their parentage, who either agree with this fallacy or have been beguiled by the NEA, the teachers, and the administrators as foolhardy and “ObaMarxist” ignorant and therefore lacking the requisite thought processes to be included in order to remove their children from them for the benefit of the “ObaMarxist”. This is the gift of fear, at least one of them. There are more. “Fired Up” chanting is another one. And he will use, to his less than great advantage, to at least placate his media minions’ the rest as the days and months ensue.
For he has brought a scourge upon us from which great struggle will be undertaken to remove us from the bowels of Hades. But in fairness this scourge began with another imposter to the great office who left preceding him. Though this one cloaked his incompetence with a shield of learned individuals, whose ambitions were not a detriment to our citizenry or nation as a whole, but only to its’ sustaining institutions, for a nation breaks down from the weight of obsequious thought and want, not from outside forces, lest it be a war of aggression from which that nation cannot fight and win.
The ‘imposter’ and his assigns have brought with them the sin of “cult of personality”, which falls under the seven deadly sins. By speech with forked tongue, less than quarter truth, inferior knowledge, lies, manipulation, messiah complex, and pictorial fanaticism. The citizenry is finally awakened by this impure league of fellows, whose only goal is to subjugate this nation to the whims of socialists from without. That he and his assigns have abandoned the Constitution is appalling enough to have him, and the rest of that festered rotten lot, removed.
For the days and hours are now drawing nigh when judgement comes to those who most assuredly deserve it. That this judgement will convene with cordiality is not a promise the enraged citizenry are apt to make. What it will do is signify a resounding opening to the conclusions of his belied fantasy of bucolic melancholy known as “ObaMarixism”. Moral turpitude aside, this administration of folly has begun, in its’ young tenure to run its’ course of years in lightening speed as it butts heads with the stern reality of it’s’ citizenry over more than international concerns of state. The empirical line has been drawn in the minds of concerned men over spending the treasury into oblivion, with a debt load, which never in real time can be paid. And throws onto to the backs of future generations’ taxation which will be cumbersome and exhaustive. This will surely kill the financial institutions of this nation and put upon us hyperinflation which will drain the individual coffers of it’s’ tax payers. That the less than honorable Senator Max Baucus is talking down conservative thought on his committee over “ObaMarxist healthcare” just lends to the ignominious truth that the ‘imposter’ is only concerned over ‘his’ desires despite what the majority of its’ citizenry truly are desiress (sic) of, and have even stated so in so many forums.
Prayerful tears of angst are being petitioned to God for relief and the Angels are marking the hour of a day in early November 2010 when the beginnings of the death knell blow will be delivered to the ‘imposter’ and his assigns, both in the executive branch and the legislative branch.
Obama Part III
September 30, 2009 at 3:20pm
The loquacious man is at it again. On Friday September 25, 2009, while attending the G20 summit in Pittsburgh, his apparent naiveté, inexperience, and lack of understanding of economics and financial affairs reared its ugly head again as he embarrassed himself and our nation. One must remember that French President Nicolas Sarkozy had already called him out as “a mere amateur”. In a further display of his penchant for naiveté, in his inglorious remarks to the fellows of the G20 he stepped in it when he proposed that the illegitimate, heretical regime of Satanist Islamic versus come clean on its’ nuclear arms program.
That he dares to think the Muslim faith allows for compromise in any area or thought that runs counter to their 9th century heresy is a bombastic belief in fairies and men of nefarious deeds. The Holy See in the past has called for ‘crusades’ to lead those of faith to freedom from the Satanist mob of Muslims, which in their ubiquitous endeavors are attempting to overrun and force an unwilling world into the unbearable heretical reaches of their cultish excuse for a religion. That this man is really ‘one of them’, and not of our combined abilities lets the farce of his ambitions sap from us the ability to stand up and call out the heretics for who they truly are.
In as much that on the 29th of September heretical Muslims are praying to their Satan on the mall in Washington, D.C. That our Nation’s capital has been reduced to this cabal of disbelievers, which runs anathema to the traditional values of this nation. This is a national disgrace, and apparent effrontery to our citizenry. And what makes this embarrassment more to swallow is that it is followed on the heals by that man disposing of an ally at the U.N. on the world stage like a mongrel dragging off with parts of the carcass of his kill. That ally which has been the guardian of eyes of the west on the evil doings of mongrel Muslim mob.
It is with extreme mortification and distress that these words of truth need to be stated. For it has saddened generations of others that there is no accomplishment in debate or negotiation with that infidel cult fostered by the warrior Mohammed and his illegitimate progeny. That this so-called “religion” built its’ following legions on the threat of the sword leads all men to believe and know true that there are no redeeming characteristics for its very existence except the imminent threat of death. And with this that man is attempting to negotiate? Yes, for he has been brought up amongst the mongrels, eats their gruel, and steeps in the stench of their cult.
Now we hear the news that the insidious Cap-N-Trade bill will likely pass the Senate on the 30th of September or by the latest the 1st of October. Hailed as a miracle ‘green’ cure to our energy problems by the rebuked hoard of spend all Senators of the Socialist party, ne ObaMarxists. That this Nation should be forced to descend into the bowels of crippling debt and hyperinflation for delusions of this man and his mentally challenged anal hoards in congress has left the majority of this nation wanting for relief. But the factors to provide the relief do not inhabit the hallowed halls justice at this time. And the citizenry is to be faced with more, much more, of this arduous nonsense and pain for at least another 15 months. While the ObaMarxist himself makes an unimpassioned plea to allow the 2016 Summer Olympics to take place in that dirty rotten scandal ridden political city of Marxist sympathizers and ObaMarxist anal lickers Chicago.
And for want of this? Ah but to raise the love-fest of the individual to a level exceeding that of the murderous Stalin, for it is he the man wants to supplant as the ultimate sycophant. All at the duress of the citizenry and against their united dissent does he continue his nefarious acts of national subterfuge? But to bleed this Nation into the 3rd World demagoguery for they have no allegiance to it, but only to, but not to be admitted the Satanist Islamic cause of end times.
Under one more year of the ObaMarxist spending whip this Nation will be under the heels of decades of financial oppression from which its’ ability to recover will be negligible. National debt will also be coupled with unemployment rates quite possibly as high as 20 per cent. These detrimental rates had been delegated to the pages of history and have not surfaced at these levels since 1937 when the unemployment rate fell back to 18 per cent for the first time since 1930. Does the citizenry want to repeat these debilitating halcyon days? Will we need to expend this time an entire generation to pull us from this abyss in the form of a major international war? It seems that this too is part of the ObaMarxist endgame for it will rely on this same citizenry to cry out amongst the horror of it all clamoring for the infidel to take the mantel of dictatorial powers to “see us through” to the “ultimate change”.
Good must triumph over evil in any form. The concerned citizenry will have to ensure that the deeds of this man are slowed as the first day of reckoning approaches. For at this time they must united scream out “no more change, because we can’t live with it”. And how does the citizenry make this happen? We all know by supplanting his minions in the ballot box and electing those which we know will apply the ultimate pressure to stop the juggernaut of ObaMarxist spending for Socialism sake. It is imperative that this be done and over the past few months concerned citizenry has speaking out loud and in numbers which are of great concern to the ObaMarxists. So concerned are they that they have retreated behind the camera lens of the love-fest banal Media to whom they owe their seats. For the vagabonds have no shame and could care less what to them are their ignorant supporters, too concerned with the ‘trivialities’ of life than to keep a watchful pose on what these ObaMarxist lackeys are truly up to.
As days, weeks, and months go by we are forced at every turn to listen to the licentious discords of the ObaMarxist media. So consumed are they in the delusion of savior that common sense, reality, and vocal concerns of the populace have passed them by like a tornado blowing through the mid west. Their collective soul so self absorbed into the depths of that man’s anus as to cause us such wrenching stomach pains. For they too will see the ‘rectifier’ soon when the final question is cast upon them, “what have you wrought upon the minds of these citizens to cause such anger”?
And into the rabble of the flay Mrs. ObaMarxist enters the stage as a requestor of games city purveyor hoping for a positive vote. And to accompany her is the diminutive Oprah WinMarxist herself. Why you ask? Because WinMarxist stands a great financial windfall as her organization will be handling most of the planning and projects for this most inglorious games to be. Stamped in the stench of the ObaMarxists. But it is not gentlemanly here to call her out for the Marxist she so surely is, for she is treading in the bile of the dripping hands which so enable her man to be put in the great office, like a monkey dancing to the tune of the organ grinder of the radicals of Chicago. Those radicals, which would have brought this nation to its knees almost 40 years ago by bombing its institutions and spreading vile contempt for us at every possibility. And to revel in it by foisting that nefarious man onto the national stage. That they have not been punished for their traitorous acts of subterfuge is an abomination against us all.
We are to heed the arrogance of this man who speaks of but dictate to elected officials of both the House and Senate. As if they all owe their seat as an allowance of his compassion upon them to let them have it as his gift. This is not what this nation is built upon and by all concerned should never be. For its citizenry has never allowed by elected fiat that man, or any other President, to claim it as his own for his own purposes. These purposes which so smear the constitution as to make it unreadable is his lackeys are wont to do for their own pleasure in loving the ObaMarxist and his ‘biblical’ ascension into his delusional presidential heaven. And his ilk have been doing this for years as preparation for their “savior to come” by decrying God and humiliating the Judeo – Christian heritage of our citizenry and nation. For Socialism/Marxism cannot prevail in an openly Christian nation. It is anathema to it.
For it is diabolically opposed to licentious and ‘god-like’ repose of the venomous vile of Socialism/Marxism.
The days and hours are coming upon us like a mad storm of fury where this man will demand vociferously that he requires dictatorial powers to heal the nation of the ills his ilk have brought upon us. And his minions will yell out “yes you can” while the duped media love-fest swoons on bended knee calling for granting him carte blanche in his evil and pervasive endeavors. But take heed my fellow citizens for this shall be the final death knell of his illegitimate A.C.O.R.N. induced administration.
Here’s a tongue-in-cheek post from a regular conservative blogger at PTBC, but beware: it’s got dukey humor and anatomical parts mentioned (potty talk). So the G rating has just risen to PG.
Sunday, August 09, 2009
Isn’t it funny that the liberals, who have historically encouraged the contrarian, are now crying foul since conservatives, libertarians and non-Obama addled Democrats have decided, en masse, to become the contrarians and shout Obama, his policies, and his step-n-fetch gofers down?
As you know by now, the Obamanoid’s town hall sale of Obamacare ain’t going that well for Dems because thinking, unbeholden people aren’t buying Barack’s crack. So, what did the White House do in light of the GP’s legitimate concerns over Barack’s proposed legislation? Did they go back and flush it down the crapper? No. Did Obama bend one of his big ears to our bigger concerns? Yeah, right.
No, the White House, in the spirit of tolerance, hope and change officially dispatched some pursed-lip chick to video warn the serfs of Obamaland that if we disagree with His Highness’ health scare bill in a “fishy” email or casual conversation then the White House wants to know about it—and we could very well be deep weeds.
What is this, Russia? Did I wake up in Venezuela? Is this an Austin Powers flick, or a joke? If it isn’t, I’m screwed; all I have been doing for the past umpteen weeks is . . . uh . . . disagreeing with B-HO on my show.
Yep, ever since the Socialist-in-Chief floated his government-bloating, freedom-strangulating 1,100 page unread health care stool I have been smacking it like Rosie would a piñata full of Twinkies; therefore, I might as well just go public with my home address since I’m probably already “flagged”: It’s 1313 Kiss-My-Skinny-Backside Blvd, in Light-a-Fart, Florida, and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org .
Someone help me here. Aren’t the liberals the ones who spawned the likes of Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dohrn, Bruce Franklin, Jose Angel Gutierrez, Tom Hayden, Angela Davis, Ron Karenga, Jane Fonda and Orville Schell—rabble rousers extraordinaire? (Some of these dogs were violent, I might add.) Therefore, you of all people, Ms. Lefty, should understand and appreciate revolt and revolutionaries, eh? But alas, you don’t—or won’t.
What’s the matter, little liberal? Are you guys the only ones who get to play James Dean? Is that it? Can we not wear the leather jacket? Can we not ride a Harley? Can we not sing “We’re Not Gonna Take It?” Can we not be the rebel with a cause? Is our party disallowed our Rosa Parks? We are? Well, isn’t that conveeeeeeeeeeeeenient?
Liberal politicians, pundits and Obama’s Whine House are condemning outrage over dissent for Obamacare? Unbelievable. Isn’t that what one would call “the putz calling the kettle black?” How the heck do you hacks think you got into the White House in the first place? How did you arrive at that place of power where you could, possibly irrevocably, dismantle our nation? I’ll tell you how: It was by being dissident, getting vocal, organizing, going viral . . . and abracadabra, poof, you socialists won. I believe it was Obama himself who said one should sharpen one’s elbows and get in people’s faces. Yep, I’m pretty sure it was.
Well, guess what? What’s good for the commie goose is good for the conservative gander. Seeing that in a few short months you have not only failed to bring about your promised Hope and Change but have instead increased our debts and deficits, weakened our national security, turned traditional values on their head, scarfed down a big chunk of the private sector, attempted to lasso our cherished liberties, and intend to turn our health care into a DMV with stethoscopes, we officially want our &%$# nation back. And you know what? We’re not too proud to tear a page out of your playbook and move from being nice to being heard. Yep, the times they are a changin’.
Today, if you want to play the rebel (and who doesn’t?), “The Man” is Obama and “The Machine” is his socialist agenda fueled by a Chicago-based bouillabaisse of nefarious critters adept at conformity and bullying. There’s your oppressor, rebel. I think it’s cool that stacks of everyday Americans, especially the cute little old ladies (without being bused in or wearing some red T-shirt with a nut on it) are a part of this political revolt.
B-HO and his boys underestimated the intelligence and malleability of Maw and Paw Kettle to his catastrophic reform and his scare tactics; that crap might have worked in Chi-town, but it will not fly with the rest of us.
Finally, to the rebels who like limited government versus this Orwellian rat cage Obama’s trying to strap on your head, I say: Have fun with your push for true hope and change. I know these are serious times, but time and truth are on your side, yes they are.
No matter how much Pelosi and Boxer ridicule you, you must carry on. When the Whine House threatens to log your IP addresses and snatch your emails, you must plow ahead. When they show up with union goons and Acorn asses, let that encourage you because that means you’re officially under their skin, and the tide is about to turn. Finally, my well-dressed and informed dissenters, let their derision fuel your passion, and let their frowns bring you joy, as this could be our finest hour.
Doug Giles’ new book “A Time to Clash: Papers from a Provocative Pastor” is now available. Ann Coulter says “Doug Giles’ A Time to Clash is a substantive and funny tour de force for traditional values.” Doug’s award winning talk show and video blog can be seen and heard at http://www.ClashRadio.com.
Doug Giles is the creator and host of “The Clash” radio shows, winners of seven Silver Microphone Awards and two Communicator Awards in the last three years. Recent guests on his weekly one-hour show have included Ann Coulter, Ted Nugent, Cal Thomas, David Limbaugh, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Mona Charen, Michelle Malkin and Brian Kilmeade. In addition, Doug is a popular columnist, minister, and award-winning writer.
A friend had emailed this list to me yesterday, but it was garbled and the formatting was messed up somehow. Then I found Steve’s site and he had it at the bottom of his page. Giving him full credit, a two links and a ping, I hope he’ll allow the reprint. If this isn’t a Huxley flashback, I surely don’t know what is! (Bold emphasis mine throughout.)
Steve Hilton @ 7:34 PM
You are encouraged to look into these matters for yourself. This is far too important to wait for the agents of “spin” to “explain” the matter.
1. Page 22 of the Healthcare Bill MANDATES the Government will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!
2. Page 30 Sec 123 of Healthcare bill – THERE WILL BE A GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments and benefits you get.
3. Page 29 lines 4-16 in the Healthcare bill – YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!
4. Page 42 of Healthcare Bill – The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your Healthcare Benefits for you. You will have no choice!
5. Page 50 Section 152 in Healthcare bill – Healthcare will be provided to ALL non-US citizens, illegal or otherwise.
6. Page 58 Healthcare Bill – Government will have real-time access to an individual’s finances and a National ID Healthcare Card will be issued!
7. Page 59 Healthcare Bill lines 21-24 Government will have direct access to your bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
8. Page 65 Sec 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions and “community organizations” such as ACORN.
9. Page 72 Lines 8-14 Government is creating another “agency”, the Healthcare Exchange to bring private heathcare plans under government control.
10. Page 84 Sec 203 Healthcare bill – Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private healthcare plans in the Exchange.
11. Page 85 Line 7 Healthcare Bill – There will be specs regarding benefit levels for Plans: another way in which the Government will ration your healthcare.
12. Page 91 Lines 4-7 Healthcare Bill – Government mandates “linguistic appropriate services”. Translation – Spanish or other languages for illegals.
13. Page 95 Healthcare Bill Lines 8-18 The Government will use groups such as ACORN and Amiericorps to sign up individuals for the government healthcare plan.
14. Page 85 Line 7 Healthcare Bill – A reiteration of the specs regarding benefit levels for Plans which means, AARP members, your health care WILL be rationed no matter what you are being told now.
14. Page 102 Lines 12-18 Healthcare Bill – Medicaid eligible individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicare; you will have no choice regarding that enrollment.
16. Page 124 lines 24-25 Healthcare No company can sue the government on a charge of price fixing. No “judicial review” will be permitted against a government monopoly.
17. Page 127 Lines 1-16 Healthcare Bill – Doctors: The Government will tell YOU what you can make.
18. Page 145 Line 15-17 An Employer must automatically enroll employees into the public option plan; there is NO CHOICE. However, this plan is so convoluted that obviously there must be someway this can be avoided (see #s 20 and 21: the mandated payroll taxes for employers who do NOT off the public option); this is an apparent contradiction, but this is what the bill says.
19. Page 126 Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay for healthcare for part time employees AND their families.
20. Page 149 Lines 16-24 ANY employer with a payroll of 400k and above who does not provide the public option must pay an 8% payroll tax (see # 18 above).
21. Page 150 Lines 9-13 Businesses with a payroll between 251k & 400k who don’t provide the public option will pay 2-6% tax on all payrolls (see #18 above).
22. Page 167 Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesn’t have acceptable healthcare according to the government will be taxed 2.5% of his income.
23. Page 170 Lines 1-3 Healthcare Bill Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes but Americans will pay.
24. Page 195 Healthcare Bill – officers & employees of Healthcare Administration (Government) will have access to the financial records of ALL Americans.
25. PAGE 203 Line 14-15 Healthcare – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that!
26. Page 239 Line 14-24 Healthcare Bill Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income and poor affected.
27. Page 241 Line 6-8 Healthcare Bill – Doctors, it doesn’t matter what your specialty is, you will all be paid the same.
28. Page 253 Line 10-18 Government sets value of doctor’s time, professional judgment, experience etc. Literally, the government will be setting the value on human life.
29. Page 265 Sec 1131Government mandates & controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
30. Page 268 Sec 1141 Fed Government regulates rental & purchase of power drive wheelchairs, scooters etc.
31. Page 272 Sec. 1145. Treatment at certain cancer hospitals – Cancer patients, welcome to rationing!
32. Page 280 Sec 1151 The Government will penalize hospitals for what GOVERNMENT deems preventable re-admissions.
33. Page 298 Lines 9-11 Doctors treating a patient during an initial admission which later results in a re-admission will be penalized by the government.
34. Page 317 L 13-20 PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. The government will tell doctors what and how much they can own.
35. Page 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion. Government is mandating that hospitals cannot expand.
36. Page 321 2-13 Hospitals have the opportunity to apply for an exception BUT “community input” is required. This opens the way to an incredible amount of extortion by “community groups” who might demand a quid pro quo from any hospital wishing to expand.
37. Page335 L 16-25 Page 336-339 – Government mandates the establishment of outcome based measures; that means, healthcare as they want it, a/k/a rationing.
38. Page 341 Lines 3-9 Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Adv. Plans, HMOs etc. thus forcing people into the government plan.
39. Page 354 Sec 1177 – Government will RESTRICT enrollment of “special needs people” a/k/a the handicapped!! Eugenics and euthanasia become a part of medical treatment.
40. Page 379 Sec 1191 Government creates more bureaucracy, that is the “Telehealth Advisory Committee (can you say “healthcare” by phone?).
41. Page 425 Lines 4-12 Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consultations for Senior Citizens which in effect lets seniors know that it’s time for them to die and get out of the way.
42. Page 425 Lines 17-19 Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney etc. This will be MANDATORY! (So much for individual liberty and privacy!)
43. Page 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Government provides approved list of “end of life resources” to help guide you into death. I’m sure that “Dr.” Kevorkian will have a job with this group.
44. Page 427 Lines 15-24 Government mandates program for orders at the end of life; the government has a say in HOW and WHEN your life will end. This is called euthanasia.
45. Page 429 Lines 1-9 An “advanced care planning consultation will be used frequently as a patient’s health deteriorates. Again, much American health care involves people with chronic conditions but who can still have many years of productive life WITH PROPER MEDICAL CARE. If you are deemed to be unworthy of such care by virtue of criteria such as your race, gender, socio-economic condition etc., the chances are good that you will be DENIED that care and you life will end far sooner than would otherwise be the case under today’s healthcare system.
46. Page 429 Lines 10-12 the “advanced care consultation” may include an ORDER for end of life plans – an ORDER from the GOVERNMENT. Again, we will have government ordained euthanasia – which is nothing less than legalized murder.
47. Page 429 Lines 13-25 – The Government will specify which Doctors can write an “end of life” order. This means that the physician(s) who cared for you may not even be consulted and you will be condemned to death by some uncaring bureaucrat in Washington who knows nothing about you and your situation.
48. Page 430 Lines 11-15 The Government will decide what level of treatment you will have at the end of your life.
49. Page 469 – Community Based Home Medical Services regards services provided by non profit organizations like ACORN.
50. Page 472 Lines 14-17 Dictates payment to a community based organization like ACORN for such treatment. Both the treatment and the organization are determined by the government.
51. Page 489 Sec 1308 The Government will cover Marriage & Family therapy which means they will insert themselves into your marriage. If you are a Christian, it is possible that the government may be able to intrude into decisions made by your family as a result of your religion.
52. Page 494-498 Government will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, and rationing those services. Again, you could be adjudged “mentally ill” if you disagree with the prevailing agenda such as homosexual rights, abortion etc.