This Christmas, thank the Lord that President Obama has done one very good thing: he has awakened the sleeping tiger of Americans who are now eager to draw together and defend the Constitution and our way of life. Have a wonderful celebration of our Lord’s birth and come back ready to change this country for the better! ROAR!!
I read about it some time ago and I still shake my head every time I think about it. I almost can’t believe it. St. Catherine’s Monastery, which is located at the foot of Mount Sinai (also called Mount Horeb or Jebel Musa meaning “Mountain of Moses”), is built around what is thought to be the site where Moses spoke to God for the first time at the burning bush. The monastery is surrounded by a granite wall measuring 8 to 35 meters high. This wall defended it from numerous attacks in the 1,400 years it has been standing. It belongs to the Greek Orthodox Church and most of its monks are of Greek origin.It is also home to a unique collection of artifacts, including some of the world’s oldest Bibles. Although it is set in a desert-like landscape, the lush gardens and cypresses provide a pleasant contrast. Today, it is one of the oldest monasteries in the world.
St. Catherine’s monastery is home to an ancient library containing 5,000 early printed books, 3,500 manuscripts, and 2,000 scrolls (in Greek, Coptic, Arabic, Armenian, Hebrew, Slavic, Georgian and other languages). The age and diversity of the collection is only equaled by that of the Vatican.
While I find all of that interesting, none of that is what makes me shake my head. What bewilders me is a strange pair of caskets that have been preserved in the monastery. Several centuries ago two young men, who were a part of the monastic community, took a vow. They pledged to one another, and to God, to devote their lives to perpetual prayer and adoration.
It was their intent to spend every moment, of every day, of every week and month, for the rest of their lives in praise and prayer. To help each other accomplish this vow, they were assigned adjoining rooms and were fastened together at the wrist with a length of chain.
The plan was for one to pray and the other to sleep and then vice versa. From the moment they began, they never again saw each other or spoke to each other. The only contact they had was the chain that ran through the wall.
When one finished praying, he would tug on the chain and awaken the other. A tug meant that the other had begun and the first could rest. Back and forth for decades this went on until they died.
To honor and remember their devotion and dedication, their remains lie side by side in caskets, still untied by the same chain.
That’s an incredible and strange story of commitment, devotion, and determination – but it’s also a sad story that shows that people can some time miss the point of prayer, devotion to God, and what it means to worship and praise Him continually.
It’s absolutely true that God calls us to a life of devotion, obedience, worship, and prayer. We have been created in such a way that our chief goal in life should be to glorify God. But that goal is not meant to be a chain that binds us.
The life we live today is meant to be as much an act of worship as what we do on Sunday mornings. The words we say to another should reflect our praise of the Lord. The way we treat those who live in our homes, and the person we stare at across the dinner table, all should show our love for God.
How we celebrate Christmas should also be a reflection of our love, commitment and devotion to Him. It is so easy to get stressed out at this time of the year; it’s so easy to forget why we give gifts to each other; it’s so easy to think “Ugh, I have to go to another special service or another party at work, or another home to visit” – and we become chained to traditions that carry no meaning for us, and stress out.
Let’s make sure we don’t forget the reason why we celebrate, and why we get together with friends and family, and give gifts to each other. (I’m not sure why we eat too much. I’m pretty sure there wasn’t a pig in the stable. That wouldn’t have been kosher.) Let’s do our best to make every day of every week, a reflection of our response to a God who loves us so much that He jumped into the skin of a Jewish baby – so we could know Him.
Don’t allow Christmas, and all you have to do, and all the places you have to be to become a chain that enslaves you.
A Chain That Enslaves: http://wp.me/pzfHB-mz
Xn, Patriot, YEC
Buy me a Coffee? (tip jar)
Please consider supporting this blog with a donation of dollars or java.
Go to https://www.PayPal.com and use "getdclu @ gmail . com" to send money.
All contributions gratefully accepted!! Thank you!
- Victory for Christmas at Public School November 30, 2016For nearly 50 years Concord High School in Elkhart, Indiana, has featured a live nativity scene as part of its annual Christmas show, which it calls the “Christmas Spectacular.” But this year, the ACLU and the atheist Freedom From Religion Foundation brought a lawsuit on behalf of an unnamed father and his son, a student at Concord, to block the part of the […]Ryan Hite
- DOE Condemns “Common Sense and Reason” November 29, 2016President Obama’s Department of Education has ruled that “common sense and reason” are not allowed to guide decisions of alleged sexual harassment under Title IX. This should come as no surprise, because Title IX is completely unreasonable and void of common sense. Under President Obama, the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights has begun to inve […]Ryan Hite
- A MAssive Attack On People Of Faith November 28, 2016Massachusetts passed a civil rights law which could put people of faith in jail for following their sincerely-held religious beliefs. The law criminalizes discrimination against certain protected classes in public places. One of the protected groups is transgender people. That means Massachusetts could put a pastor in jail for telling his congregation to onl […]Ryan Hite
- A Black Friday Tribute To Capitalism November 25, 2016Yesterday was an important day to celebrate our American heritage. We set aside one Thursday in November to remember the brave men and women who first came to this country seeking a better life. However, there are several lessons that can be learned from the day after Thanksgiving, which is known to most Americans as Black Friday. People who do not love Amer […]Ryan Hite
- Thanksgiving – America’s Religious Holiday November 24, 2016**Previously Record - From the Archives** Thanksgiving is a unique American religious holiday. The Thanksgiving Proclamation signed by President George Washington was the first official presidential proclamation ever issued by the United States. Here is a quote from George Washington’s Proclamation: “Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the p […]Ryan Hite
- Victory for Christmas at Public School November 30, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Romans 12:2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
John 14:27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
2 Chronicles 7:1414 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Elementary, dear Watson
Suggestions & Chat BoxPlease click here to write suggestions that I will check later. Thanks.
- @thomrayne That's scary! I'm more confident in the Rock of my salvation, Jesus Christ who has my name written in the Book of Life. ~ 3 years ago
- MUST SEE VIDEO FLASHBACK: "From My Cold, Dead Hands" SHARE!!! bit.ly/X47pJu @liberty Let's make it VIRAL! ~ 4 years ago
- Blessings from our family to yours on this #Thanksgiving - thx & praise to Almighty God for His protection & provision. #GodinControl ~ 4 years ago
- "@cringetalk: Only the truly stupid believe there is no cover up going on with Benghazi." And they vote Dem by default. ~ 4 years ago
- First Trump-Era Spending Law Funds Planned Parenthood, Not Border Wall April 29, 2017House Speaker Paul Ryan (Screen Capture)(CNSNews.com) - President Donald Trump signed the first federal spending law of his administration yesterday, a one-week extension of the spending law signed by President Barack Obama in December that was set to expire last night. […]Terence P. Jeffrey
- Trump: ‘I Will Never, Ever Infringe on the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms’ April 29, 2017President Donald Trump pledged to never infringe on the 2nd Amendment during a speech at the National Rifle Association’s meeting in Atlanta, Ga., on Friday. Read Full StoryMRCTV
- Trump: ‘I Will Never, Ever Infringe on the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms’ April 28, 2017President Donald Trump pledged to never infringe on the 2nd Amendment during a speech at the National Rifle Association’s meeting in Atlanta, Ga., on Friday.Melanie Arter
- Rick Stengel Accuses Trump of ‘Harassment’ of Nikki Haley April 28, 2017More in the cross-post on the MRC's NewsBusters blog. Appearing on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Reports on Friday, former Obama State Department official and Time magazine editor Richard Stengel hurled a wild accusation at President Trump, claiming the commander-in-chief guilty of “harassment” against United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley.MRCTV
- Voters Tell Fmr. Rep. Stupak.: 'I Was a Democrat Until the Party Left Me on the Life Issues' April 28, 2017 MRCTV
- Pro-Life Dem Warned Podesta: 'You Better Change' Platform or 'You Are Going to Lose' April 28, 2017 MRCTV
- Former Rep. Bart Stupak: DNC Chair Perez 'Should Take a Hike' April 28, 2017 MRCTV
- Tillerson Calls on U.N. Member States to ‘Suspend or Downgrade Diplomatic Relations with North Korea’ April 28, 2017Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Friday chaired a U.N. Security Council briefing on North Korea, calling on U.N. member states “to fully implement commitments that they made regarding North Korea” in two UN Security Council resolutions and to “suspend or downgrade diplomatic relations with North Korea.” Read Full StoryMRCTV
- First Trump-Era Spending Law Funds Planned Parenthood, Not Border Wall April 29, 2017
- Foreign aid is not aid, it’s a rip-offI’ve made clear the position of this website on the candidates for leader of the Conservative Party (Maxime Bernier). So I’ll go ahead and share another reason why: it comes from this latest emailout by his team. In it he talks about foreign affairs, or at least foreign aid, and how it... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full […]Joel Johannesen
- Alt-right email. Alt-answered.Mail delivered to me in a fashion at odds with the quaint traditional postal mail methods of yore. And then answered in a similar alternate fashion. Hi Joseph, I think what the “alt-right” folks intended to mean was “an alternative to the traditional, or... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full links, and other great content! […]Joel Johannesen
- Email about CBC: Asked and Answered.Hi Kent — The CBC — and virtually everyone who works there — literally relies on a degree of socialism and a socialist mindset for the CBC’s very existence. Without their annual $1.5 billion of the taxpayers’ cash and all the market protections given to them by the... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full links, and other gre […]Joel Johannesen
- Trudeau Liberals’ crony capitalism and hypocrisy is delivered by courier trucks, V8s, and jet enginesNot a day goes by wherein the uberliberal Liberals don’t meddle in the economy, engage in their croney capitalism, waste our taxpayer dollars, further wreck the free market, wreck capitalism, wreck businesses, negate any semblance of their own principles which are now demonstrably farcical,... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for […]Joel Johannesen
- National Post misleads on Leitch. Again.The liberal mainstream media misreads, and it misleads. But now for some news: Demonstrating the mainstream media’s amazing ability to misread public sentiment, notwithstanding their recent gigantic misses, I think the National Post thinks it is slamming Kellie Leitch today. But I suspect... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for f […]Joel Johannesen
- Foreign aid is not aid, it’s a rip-off
Samuel Adams“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." (1775 letter to Abigail)
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." (1765)
"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress."
Walter E. Williams on Government
"At the heart of the American idea is the deep distrust and suspicion the founders of our nation had for government, distrust and suspicion not shared as much by today's Americans. Some of the founders' distrust is seen in our Constitution's language such as Congress shall not: abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, violate and deny. If the founders did not believe Congress would abuse our God-given rights, they would not have provided those protections. After all, one would not expect to find a Bill of Rights in Heaven; it would be an affront to God.
"Other founder distrust for government is found in the Constitution's separation of powers, checks and balances and the several anti-majoritarian provisions such as the Electoral College and the requirement that three-quarters of state legislatures ratify changes in the Constitution. The three branches of our federal government are no longer bound by the Constitution as the framers envisioned and what is worse is American ignorance and acceptance of such rogue behavior.
"Look at the current debate over government involvement in health, business bailouts and stimulus packages. The debate centers around questions as whether such involvement is a good idea or a bad idea and whether one program is more costly than another. Those questions are entirely irrelevant to what should be debated, namely: Is such government involvement in our lives permissible under the U.S. Constitution? That question is not part of the debate.
"The American people, along with our elected representatives, whether they're Republicans or Democrats, care less about what is and what is not permissible under our Constitution. They think Congress has the right to do anything upon which they can secure a majority vote, whether they have the constitutional or moral authority to do so or not."
--George Mason economics professor
Site infoGet d'Clu
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.