by Chris Muir
December 23, 2009 Posted by Lisa | 10th Amendment, Agenda of the Left, Fiscal (Ir)Responsibility, Politics, Real Purpose of Govt., WordPress Political Blogs | Ben Nelson, bribery, Harry Reid, Obamacare, Rahm Emanuel, whore | 2 Comments
Apparently the new White House strategy for handling comments and news it dislikes is to call out the network and condemn it for lying.
White House Communications Director Anita Dunn has been leading the charge… and while consuming conservative media, she’s become a “fierce critic of Fox News.”
“It’s opinion journalism masquerading as news,” Dunn says. “They are boosting their audience. But that doesn’t mean we are going to sit back.” Fox News’s head of news, Michael Clemente, counters that the White House criticism unfairly conflates the network’s reporters and its pundits, like Glenn Beck, whom he likens to “the op-ed page of a newspaper.”
Claudia Rossett gets at the heart of what’s wrong when the President of the United States attacks a news outlet:
You don’t have to love Fox News to see how dangerous it is when the President of the United States gives his staff and advisers a green light to single out and denigrate by name a specific news organization. As we surely all know by now, this is what the White House has been doing to Fox.
The Sunday morning talk shows just brought us White House Senior Adviser David Axelrod opining to George Stephanopoulos, on ABC’s “This Week,” that Fox is “Really – not news — it’s pushing a point of view.” Axelrod advised that ABC and other non-Fox outlets take his cue and expunge Fox from the brethren of news services: “And the bigger thing is that other news organizations like yours ought not to treat them that way, and we’re not going to treat them that way.” Meanwhile, on CNN’s “State of the Union,” White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel was hammering home the same message, that Fox “is not a news organization so much as it has a perspective,” and urging “More importantly is not have [sic] the CNNs and the others in the world basically be led in following Fox, as if what they’re trying to do is a legitimate news organization… .”
This would be a very good moment for all those other news organizations — CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, the newspapers and the news web sites – to offer President Obama the perspective that it is utterly inappropriate for White House personnel to be opining publicly on the overall fitness of specific news outlets. The president has sworn to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” That includes protecting free speech, not dispatching White House staff and advisers to hold forth publicly as media critics denouncing news outlets they don’t like.
If errors of fact turn up in reporting, the White House is entitled to dispute them. But Axelrod and Emanuel were not disputing a particular piece of reporting. They were slamming wholesale a widely followed and highly informative news outlet, and denouncing it as not “legitimate.”
The matter of deciding whether a news outlet has “a perspective” — and many do — is something that in a free country, if the country is to remain free, should be left to the private customer. There are legions of critics in the private sector who spend their time analyzing and debating which outlets provide the most reliable news, what’s entertainment, who’s opinionated, and how, and who’s not. They are easy to find. You can tune in, subscribe, and decide for yourself. These folks, like the media they criticize, are subject to the market test — in which private consumers freely make their own choices about what or whom they trust, what they pay for, what they pay attention to, and why.
Government personnel getting into this act is altogether different. These are people paid out of the public purse, and speaking under the imprimatur of public institutions — in this case the White House. Here they are, urging White House-favored news outfits to follow the White House lead, and ostracize a specific news outlet the White House doesn’t like. This is Banana Republic stuff, a stock tactic of pressure and intimidation. The effect of such stuff, as a rule, is not to promote accurate news coverage, but to cover up stories the government doesn’t want aired, and shut up critics.
Other news outlets — the CNNs, ABCs, NBCs, CBS’s, or for that matter the New York Times and the Globe-Post-Mercury-Etceteras, may not agree with opinions expressed on Fox. But they would be wise to remember that what goes around comes around. And if they don’t rally now around the idea that the White House has no business vetting, according to its own “perspective,” which news outlets are “legitimate” and which are not, then the legitimacy of all news outlets becomes a function of “point of view” held by the White House. Welcome to the road to China’s Xinhua News Agency and Russia’s Channel One TV.
This is exactly WHY it is dangerous for the Obama Administration to declare war on Fox News… What goes around comes around, so the networks should listen and be called to action – NOW.
October 21, 2009 Posted by Lisa | 1st Amendment, Agenda of the Left, Govt Oppression, Leftists Criticize Conservatives, Life with Big Brother, MSM Disinterest, propaganda, Wake Up, WordPress Political Blogs | Anita Dunn, China's Xinhua, Claudia Rossett, CNN, David Axelrod, Fox News, George Stephanopoulos, Glenn Beck, Michael Clemente, MSM, NY Times, Rahm Emanuel, Russia's Channel One, white house | 1 Comment
Xn, Patriot, YEC
Buy me a Coffee? (tip jar)
Please consider supporting this blog with a donation of dollars or java.
Go to https://www.PayPal.com and use "getdclu @ gmail . com" to send money.
All contributions gratefully accepted!! Thank you!
- Victory for Christmas at Public School November 30, 2016For nearly 50 years Concord High School in Elkhart, Indiana, has featured a live nativity scene as part of its annual Christmas show, which it calls the “Christmas Spectacular.” But this year, the ACLU and the atheist Freedom From Religion Foundation brought a lawsuit on behalf of an unnamed father and his son, a student at Concord, to block the part of the […]Ryan Hite
- DOE Condemns “Common Sense and Reason” November 29, 2016President Obama’s Department of Education has ruled that “common sense and reason” are not allowed to guide decisions of alleged sexual harassment under Title IX. This should come as no surprise, because Title IX is completely unreasonable and void of common sense. Under President Obama, the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights has begun to inve […]Ryan Hite
- A MAssive Attack On People Of Faith November 28, 2016Massachusetts passed a civil rights law which could put people of faith in jail for following their sincerely-held religious beliefs. The law criminalizes discrimination against certain protected classes in public places. One of the protected groups is transgender people. That means Massachusetts could put a pastor in jail for telling his congregation to onl […]Ryan Hite
- A Black Friday Tribute To Capitalism November 25, 2016Yesterday was an important day to celebrate our American heritage. We set aside one Thursday in November to remember the brave men and women who first came to this country seeking a better life. However, there are several lessons that can be learned from the day after Thanksgiving, which is known to most Americans as Black Friday. People who do not love Amer […]Ryan Hite
- Thanksgiving – America’s Religious Holiday November 24, 2016**Previously Record - From the Archives** Thanksgiving is a unique American religious holiday. The Thanksgiving Proclamation signed by President George Washington was the first official presidential proclamation ever issued by the United States. Here is a quote from George Washington’s Proclamation: “Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the p […]Ryan Hite
- Victory for Christmas at Public School November 30, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Romans 12:2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
John 14:27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
2 Chronicles 7:1414 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Elementary, dear Watson
Suggestions & Chat BoxPlease click here to write suggestions that I will check later. Thanks.
- @thomrayne That's scary! I'm more confident in the Rock of my salvation, Jesus Christ who has my name written in the Book of Life. ~ 3 years ago
- MUST SEE VIDEO FLASHBACK: "From My Cold, Dead Hands" SHARE!!! bit.ly/X47pJu @liberty Let's make it VIRAL! ~ 4 years ago
- Blessings from our family to yours on this #Thanksgiving - thx & praise to Almighty God for His protection & provision. #GodinControl ~ 4 years ago
- "@cringetalk: Only the truly stupid believe there is no cover up going on with Benghazi." And they vote Dem by default. ~ 4 years ago
- Trump Signs Executive Order Calling for Review of National Monument Designations April 27, 2017President Donald Trump signed an executive order Wednesday at the Interior Department to review designations of national monuments under the Antiquities Act of 1906, saying the order puts an end to the “egregious abuse of federal power” and gives the power “back to the states and to the people, where it belongs.” Read Full StoryMRCTV
- Crimes in Germany Linked to Migrants Rose 52.7 Percent in 2016 April 27, 2017Crimes in Germany linked to asylum-seekers and refugees jumped by 52.7 percent in 2016, according to newly-released statistics that also showed a “significant rise” in politically motivated crimes, and a 7.5 percent increase in anti-Semitic incidents. […]Patrick Goodenough
- Trump Signs Executive Order Calling for Review of National Monument Designations April 27, 2017President Donald Trump signed an executive order Wednesday at the Interior Department to review designations of national monuments under the Antiquities Act of 1906, saying the order puts an end to the “egregious abuse of federal power” and gives the power “back to the states and to the people, where it belongs.” […]Melanie Arter
- Trump Tax Reform Plan Calls for Repeal of Death Tax and AMT, Shrinks Tax Brackets Down to 3 April 26, 2017The White House on Wednesday unveiled President Donald Trump’s tax cut plan, which includes repeal of the death tax and the alternative minimum tax and the reduction of the seven tax brackets down to only three. Read Full StoryMRCTV
- Trump Tax Reform Plan Calls for Repeal of Death Tax and AMT, Shrinks Tax Brackets Down to 3 April 26, 2017The White House on Wednesday unveiled President Donald Trump’s tax cut plan, which includes repeal of the death tax and the alternative minimum tax and the reduction of the seven tax brackets down to only three.Melanie Arter
- Texas Dem Defends Pro-Life Colleagues: ‘Litmus Test on Any One Issue Just Won’t Work’ April 26, 2017Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas)“Diversity is what makes our party great,” Texas Democrat Rep. Henry Cuellar told CNSNews.com, responding to party Chair Tom Perez’s declaration that support of abortion is “not negotiable.”Craig Bannister
- Jamiel Shaw: 'My Son Was Murdered by a DREAMer' -- An 'Illegal Alien on 3rd Gun Charge' April 26, 2017...Michael W. Chapman
- Liberal Groups Attack Civil Rights Official for Enforcing Civil Rights Act April 26, 2017Left-wing groups push double standard.Michael Morris
- Trump Signs Executive Order Calling for Review of National Monument Designations April 27, 2017
- Foreign aid is not aid, it’s a rip-offI’ve made clear the position of this website on the candidates for leader of the Conservative Party (Maxime Bernier). So I’ll go ahead and share another reason why: it comes from this latest emailout by his team. In it he talks about foreign affairs, or at least foreign aid, and how it... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full […]Joel Johannesen
- Alt-right email. Alt-answered.Mail delivered to me in a fashion at odds with the quaint traditional postal mail methods of yore. And then answered in a similar alternate fashion. Hi Joseph, I think what the “alt-right” folks intended to mean was “an alternative to the traditional, or... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full links, and other great content! […]Joel Johannesen
- Email about CBC: Asked and Answered.Hi Kent — The CBC — and virtually everyone who works there — literally relies on a degree of socialism and a socialist mindset for the CBC’s very existence. Without their annual $1.5 billion of the taxpayers’ cash and all the market protections given to them by the... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for full links, and other gre […]Joel Johannesen
- Trudeau Liberals’ crony capitalism and hypocrisy is delivered by courier trucks, V8s, and jet enginesNot a day goes by wherein the uberliberal Liberals don’t meddle in the economy, engage in their croney capitalism, waste our taxpayer dollars, further wreck the free market, wreck capitalism, wreck businesses, negate any semblance of their own principles which are now demonstrably farcical,... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for […]Joel Johannesen
- National Post misleads on Leitch. Again.The liberal mainstream media misreads, and it misleads. But now for some news: Demonstrating the mainstream media’s amazing ability to misread public sentiment, notwithstanding their recent gigantic misses, I think the National Post thinks it is slamming Kellie Leitch today. But I suspect... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit ProudToBeCanadian.ca for f […]Joel Johannesen
- Foreign aid is not aid, it’s a rip-off
Samuel Adams“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." (1775 letter to Abigail)
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." (1765)
"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress."
Walter E. Williams on Government
"At the heart of the American idea is the deep distrust and suspicion the founders of our nation had for government, distrust and suspicion not shared as much by today's Americans. Some of the founders' distrust is seen in our Constitution's language such as Congress shall not: abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, violate and deny. If the founders did not believe Congress would abuse our God-given rights, they would not have provided those protections. After all, one would not expect to find a Bill of Rights in Heaven; it would be an affront to God.
"Other founder distrust for government is found in the Constitution's separation of powers, checks and balances and the several anti-majoritarian provisions such as the Electoral College and the requirement that three-quarters of state legislatures ratify changes in the Constitution. The three branches of our federal government are no longer bound by the Constitution as the framers envisioned and what is worse is American ignorance and acceptance of such rogue behavior.
"Look at the current debate over government involvement in health, business bailouts and stimulus packages. The debate centers around questions as whether such involvement is a good idea or a bad idea and whether one program is more costly than another. Those questions are entirely irrelevant to what should be debated, namely: Is such government involvement in our lives permissible under the U.S. Constitution? That question is not part of the debate.
"The American people, along with our elected representatives, whether they're Republicans or Democrats, care less about what is and what is not permissible under our Constitution. They think Congress has the right to do anything upon which they can secure a majority vote, whether they have the constitutional or moral authority to do so or not."
--George Mason economics professor
Site infoGet d'Clu
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.